Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to send sim to work or school
What happens when the bug occurs? Time for Sim to go to work or school. Command them to go, nothing happens, no actions, nothing. Restart the game and sim is on home lot, but saying they are at work, but unable to access inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to go to school and work normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Automatic update on starting 05th June 2020.

Installed Outdoor Retreat within the last few days.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 5 of 329 (20,148 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

Hero

We fixed an issue that didn’t allow for all Sims in Careers and those in School to go to Work/School during any time off or Holidays, except for Vacation. Because if you are on Vacation, you are on Vacation. Don’t be like me, I work on Vacation.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

I'm going to lock this thread as they fixed something about this. I don't know if it was the core issue but since this thread was sort of a mess anyways, it's best to start fresh as EA is considering this fixed.

If you still have issues, please create a new thread but I think it's best if we kept the following separate

- Auditions

- Rabbithole

- Active Career

- School

Please also provide saves if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 329 of 329 (8,421 Views)

All Replies

University Sims unable to attend classes after Eco Lifestyle pack installed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moshino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play an existing household with at least one sim currently attending either university - created before installing the new Eco Lifestyle pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? When it is time for the university sim to go to class the action gets cancelled preventing the sim from going to class. Even when you click Go to class, they will walk a few paces forward and then stop and the action is cancelled continously.
What do you expect to see? The university sim should attend class normally on their own or on request by clicking Go to class
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the latest patch on 3rd June 2020 Installed the Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle pack today

This issue has also occured after saving and restarting my game and also after a full power down of my PC, in order to flush all data from CPU and memory caches, as Windows never fully wipes down these caches on shutdown.

My system specifications for reference:

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (4 Cores, 8 Threads)

32GB RAM 25.5GB Available (on idle)

2x SATA SSD 512GB 

2x nVM SSD 256GB

NVidia GeForce 1080 GTX

NVidia GeForce 1050 Ti (Used for PhysX processing)
Windows 10 Pro (Retail)

**Edit reason:** Because I entered the wrong date for the previous Sims 4 patch

Message 1 of 329 (19,965 Views)

Re: University Sims unable to attend classes after Eco Lifestyle pack installed

Hero
@Romesh0787 Tested my existing save and had no troubles going to class.

Does it matter if you live at dorm ? Does it work if you move out and into another house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 329 (19,940 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

Forgot to mention my sim goes to university from her own home. I haven't tried a sim who lives in university accommodation. I'll try what you suggested and report back.

Message 3 of 329 (19,936 Views)

Hero
@Romesh0787 If it doesn't work, can you send me your save then ? I don't have a uni sim living at home currently

Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 329 (19,926 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 Unable to go to work or school

Hero
@SimStoppable2020 Does this also happen on a fresh save but only that current one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 329 (20,097 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It has only happened on the current game playing. Once saved and rebooted, the bug solves itself once, for the sim to be able to go to work or school. once they have returned, the bug is back.
Message 7 of 329 (20,093 Views)

Hero
@SimStoppable2020 The bug of them still being at work or that they don't go ? Or do they not go, cause they are stuck at work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 329 (20,073 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It says they are at work (Their picture shows being at work) but they are still on the home lot, will not respond to any request to go to work. That save is not loading at all now, keeps saying there is an issue and to reboot.
Message 9 of 329 (20,070 Views)

Hero
@SimStoppable2020 Can you send me the save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 329 (20,043 Views)