Re: my sim can't go to school

by encoves

Original Post

Re: Children and Teens Won't Go to School

Hero
@igotszerochill I merged your post with the main thread on this. EA is looking for save game. Please send yours to Nick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class-audition/m-p/957...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 321 of 329 (1,296 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Can't go to work (Culinary ..)

Hero
@Gotoxy22 Did you get a chance to test this without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 322 of 329 (1,187 Views)

my sim can't go to school

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Unknown
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion & game packs (besides dine out), bowling night, laundry day, moschino stuff, paranormal, vintage glamour, & tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea?
What happens when the bug occurs? My child sim can't go to school.
What do you expect to see? My sim able to go to school.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

my sim CANNOT go to school. i try pressing the 'go to school' button and it still doesn't work. i've tried repairing my game, uninstalling my cc, resetting my game, and nothing has worked. im assuming this is either a mistake made by the sims developers or there's something wrong with my computer (i have a mac desktop by the way). anyone know how to fix this?

Message 323 of 329 (1,219 Views)

Hero
@encoves I merged your post with the master thread.

There's several reasons for this but it's not an issue with your computer.

What kind of mods have you been using ? Any custom careers ?

Do the adults go to work normally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 324 of 329 (1,279 Views)

★ Novice

the only cc i've been using is a few skin overlays & eye overlays. no custom careers, and yes my adult sims go to work normally

Message 325 of 329 (1,242 Views)

Re: will not go to school

★ Novice

Yup. Same issue here. The latest update broke the game. It's unplayable now. And it's on the laundry list of fixes due to be fixed LATER this month?? Cool. Guess I'm done playing Sims. What the h***

Message 326 of 329 (1,226 Views)

Hero
@encoves Since this issue is now on the laundry list, I suggest waiting until we get the patch for this and see if it still occurs later.

Unfortunately there might be many causes to this but hopefully the fix they have works.

Have you tried moving to a different house to see if it works there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 327 of 329 (1,214 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

★★ Novice
@SimStoppable2020 This is happening constantly to me no matter what job or age. I’m also getting suspended from university because it’s getting stuck at school and then skipping days and then it says I failed when the term shouldn’t have finished yet
Message 328 of 329 (1,187 Views)

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

Hero

We fixed an issue that didn’t allow for all Sims in Careers and those in School to go to Work/School during any time off or Holidays, except for Vacation. Because if you are on Vacation, you are on Vacation. Don’t be like me, I work on Vacation.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

I'm going to lock this thread as they fixed something about this. I don't know if it was the core issue but since this thread was sort of a mess anyways, it's best to start fresh as EA is considering this fixed.

If you still have issues, please create a new thread but I think it's best if we kept the following separate

- Auditions

- Rabbithole

- Active Career

- School

Please also provide saves if you still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 329 of 329 (8,425 Views)