Re: [OPEN] Unable to Progress in new tutorial due to greyed out selections

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Has this ever been addressed? I’m running into the same issue in March 2020...

Message 61 of 67 (1,481 Views)

Hero
@BatestonBeauty It's still an open issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 67 (1,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The Tutorial will no longer lock if your Sim is promoted before you are given the "You Need to Gain Skill to be Promoted" task.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

Please use this thread if you're on console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Unable-to-Progress-in-new-tutorial-due-to-greyed-out/td-p/...

EDIT: Seems this was only a partial fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 67 (19,026 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Sorry but this is not fixed. The tutorial still locks if you complete milestone 3 before you reach the message that starts with, "You now have Free Play time until you complete all of your Sim's Aspiration goals."
Message 64 of 67 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sketch793 Is this on a fresh save ?

Judging from the notes, there might have been multiple issues and it was a partial fix ? I didn't follow this thread to closely.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 67 (1,360 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@crinrict  Yes, this is on a new save. Reading over this thread, there may have been more than one point that caused problems but the main one has always been the "Free Play time" task, which is mentioned in the original post. That problem has not been fixed. The problem mentioned in the notes appears to be something different. 

• The Tutorial will no longer lock if your Sim is promoted before you are given the "You Need to Gain Skill to be Promoted" task.

I'm going to play through the tutorial again so that I can make an outline of the aspiration and tutorial tasks, and how they are supposed to fit together. I'll post it here once I'm finished.

Message 66 of 67 (1,325 Views)

Hero
@Sketch793 Could you create a new thread for specifically the scenario you're having issues with ?

Best to post exactly which choices you made when creating the Sim.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 67 of 67 (1,313 Views)