Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Two sims can't nap at same time in double bed

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct two sims to take a nap in a double bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim that gets to left side of double bed gets to nap. The other sim will start waving a hand with thought bubble of the bed itself and can't get into right side of bed to nap, even if that is their assigned side of bed.
What do you expect to see? Sims able to use both sides of double bed for napping.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed patch 1.67.45.1020.

Since installing patch 1.67.45.1020, two sims can't nap at the same time in a double bed. It appears the only side of the bed which can be used for napping is the left side. Have tried in two different worlds, Sulani and Strangerville, with three different double beds. Beds tried are the Whispering Wicker from IL; Dreamy Pad from GF; Killer Queen Double from Base Game. None of the beds tried are placed with a side against a wall.

The sim that makes it to the left side first gets to nap but sim that should then go to the right side starts waving a hand. Thought bubble while sim is waving hand is not the route failure sign but is simply of the bed itself. I have tried deleting localthumbcache and repairing the game, as well as replacing the beds, and nothings solves the issue. The sims can both sleep in double beds, just can't nap at the same time.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (2,556 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Two sims can't nap at same time in double bed

Hero

Sims sharing double beds now can Nap or Sleep in any combination. Sim A can nap and Sim B can Sleep… or Sim A can Sleep and Sim B can nap… or they can both Sleep… or nap… well, you get the picture.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,299 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@dolldrms1 Yup, can duplicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,526 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I tested it and I think its by design, two sims can sleep in the same double bed, but they sleep straight under the covers, but when a sim naps they curl up their knees into slot two, which if the other sim tried napping on the same bed their knees would either hang out or collision with the other sim. So there is 2 slots for sims to sleep and 1 slot for napping sims.
Message 3 of 8 (2,522 Views)

★ Pro

@Sid1701d9  Before installing that patch, I was able to have two sims nap at the same time in a double bed.  I play rotationally and change households in the early morning hours.  Consequently, I frequently had the adult sims nap for an hour or so before starting their regular day.  Something in the patch changed the ability to do so.

The patch notes say: "Sims that were transferred to other Households will no longer reset any Household settings like Bed Assignments".  I'm guessing something in that fix might be the cause of the napping together issue but can't be positive.

Message 4 of 8 (2,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

I was able to recreate this, and then I found a workaround. If you instruct the second sim to sit on the bed while the first sim is napping, then after they sit down instruct them to nap, they'll move from sitting position into napping position with no difficulty and begin their nap. If they're sitting at the slot at the head of the bed they'll just put their legs up on the bed and roll over, if they're sitting in the slot at the foot of the bed they scoot up to the first sitting slot, then perform the same put legs on bed then roll over animation. 

Annoying that you have to micromanage them, but you can make them do it!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Solution explanation banner

Message 5 of 8 (2,477 Views)

★ Pro

@Gingerxyz  Thank you for posting the workaround and thanks to @crinrict  for marking the thread to indicate there is a workaround!  It does indeed work.  Since I would consider this a low priority for fixing, with other more pressing issues for the game right now, I appreciate having a way to accomplish double napping for my style of play.  I never even thought of trying a sit action first for the second sim.  My couples were having to resort to napping in separate locations, lol. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,429 Views)

★ Guide
@dolldrms1 Glad to hear it works for you too! Honestly, there wasn't a lot of space between the furniture in the room I was testing in, so I used the sit interaction to confirm that I was seeing the same bug you were (rather than a boring old route fail). And I think then the sim autonomously queued up the "nap" action, and I saw it happen and I was like huh? Then I recreated the sequence myself to check that it wasn't that the autonomous behaviour somehow bypassing the bug, and boom! workaround confirmed!
Message 7 of 8 (2,423 Views)

Hero

Sims sharing double beds now can Nap or Sleep in any combination. Sim A can nap and Sim B can Sleep… or Sim A can Sleep and Sim B can nap… or they can both Sleep… or nap… well, you get the picture.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,300 Views)