[FIXED] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

by JrMalungo

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

★ Guide

Not sure if it is allowed to post such a Fix but if not Crin pls delete it Wink

For those who want to get rid of the Outfits Trends. I found a way to do it via editing the actual save file. For those who are brave enough you can try this:

1) Download & Install Sims 4 Studio
2) Make a Backup of your Save!!!
3) Open your save file via "My Projects"
4) Search within the left File List for the Save Game Data file
5) On the right scroll down until you find style_service
6) Click on Edit next to the outfit_Infos

7) In the new Popup click on Clear to remove the Outfit Infos

8) Click Save to close the Popup
9) Click Save to save your edited Savefile
10) Play the Game for a few hrs to see if your Issue is gone. Sims on the Lot already "wearing" the Trend when you saved the Game can still wear it but traveling, going into CAS etc should reset that.

Be aware use this workaround on your own risk! Make a Backup before editing! Don't edit anything else in the Save! You have been warned!

Message 11 of 38 (1,908 Views)

Hero
@LittleMsSam As long as you don't post links to downloads or upload the fix yourself, there's no issues giving instructions on how to fix something (even if said fix needs external tools)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 38 (1,877 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same issue and it's driving me insane. Even my Grim Reaper is affected by it. I even deleted the whole save from the first time I used the Trendsetter option. Started everything brand new and the stupid trend carried over. So I made another Trendsetter and made the outfit as simple as possible. Now I am playing University and every campus has about 5 people walking around in the same black shirt/black pants combo. I don't understand how this has not been fixed or updated yet so that the trend resets after an allotted time period. I am not willing to corrupt my whole save by doing a fix that EA should have fixed a long time ago. I really do appreciate people trying to help and posting a solution but it's pretty awful that we have to rely on others to fix EA's problems.  

Message 13 of 38 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This so much.

We pay a lot of money to be alpha testers.

I need some kind of acknowledgement of the immensely bugged university patch and game, from EA too, but so far not one word.

Message 14 of 38 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  - What additional input is needed to help get this fixed?

I have had this problem since it was first introduced with the Stylist Career.  It occurs with and without mods in the game.  

Aliens on Sixam were seen with the trend! 

What I expect from this feature? "Trends" come and go.  I would like to see a trend last for a period of time, and then sims automatically revert back to their own clothing choices, without the need for the Stylist to set new ones. If the Stylist doesn't set new trends after the old one expires, no "trends" are seen in the game until the Stylist does set new ones.

A timer should be set from the moment the Stylist creates the trend.  I don't care how long the trend lasts, as long as there's an END to it automatically.  It could be one week, one season (if Seasons is installed) or completely random, as long as it eventually ends.  

Message 15 of 38 (1,690 Views)

Hero
@Simalleyaile Needs input just means it needs more people posting and it was set to that as no one had posted since August. Just making sure that it's still an issue as stuff sometimes gets ninja fixed

Set it back to open as we have new posts now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 38 (1,677 Views)

★ Apprentice

It is definitely still an issue. I think part of the problem is that it's not clear how to describe the issue. You have to remember that it's a trend that you set, maybe weeks/months in the past. 

Message 17 of 38 (1,656 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I have the same thing. Super annoying. The Sim who set the trend is no longer a stylist, but the styles keep showing up on absolutely everyone including the Grim Reaper. This is a bug. Please fix this. EA!

Message 18 of 38 (1,642 Views)

★ Guide

The  trendsetter's influence even survives death. I would have thought that would  cause the trend to fade if nothing else did. I am now  officially tired of seeing   those  clothes sim-weeks  after the  original style influencer's death. 

Message 19 of 38 (1,538 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimTresa - I made the unfortunate decision to do 1 male & 1 female trend in my legacy challenge with my 2nd generation stylist. I am still seeing the trends on Grim, previous generation ghosts, & random uncontrolled sims, 3 generations later.

In hindsight, had I known a "trend" was going to last forever, I would never have made them yellow so I could recognize them lol. I never would have made them at all.

Message 20 of 38 (1,534 Views)