Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

Hero (Retired)

@LittleMsSam also posted the step-by-steps in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Trends-from-the-Trendsetter-careers-branch-won-t-turn-off...

Love the ideas to create club outfits or "ordinary-looking" outfits. I am at a disadvantage, because my trends were made by a stylist in my Legacy challenge 4 generations ago & she has long since passed on. I will need to level a new stylist and just try to create enough trends that the same two are used less. 

Still frustrating, though. I expected a "trend" to have a limited appeal. Otherwise, doesn't it become a "fashion staple" or "timeless"? :D 

Message 31 of 38 (1,128 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The trend still last forever. I don’t know why they still need more input because this issue can be inspected easily by creating a trend and you will see that it will last forever. Please fix this. Make it last for a week or a season would be nice.

Message 32 of 38 (1,034 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I really hope EA fixes this. 

Townies start copying the outfit of my trendsetter Sim too even though it is not set as a trendsetter style.

I love this career. However, I don’t like seeing too many townies wearing my outfit.

Message 33 of 38 (997 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is already a fix for this bug? Why the trends have a choice of duration? It's so annoying!

Message 34 of 38 (938 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

Hero

Style Influencer Sims can now remove trends they have created, with the Reset Trend interaction.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 38 (4,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Hi what about when the sims is long gone and dead ? I played with the influencer career a while back and the trend they set is still showing. Can I do something about that ?
Message 36 of 38 (709 Views)

★★ Guide
@joueurmemeloulou I would also like to know how to get rid of old trends. I had an influencer like 5 generations ago so she’s been dead for a long long time, and her trend is still showing up, I can’t stand it anymore.
Message 37 of 38 (700 Views)

Hero
@joueurmemeloulou Maybe there's a similar cheat like for the global policy you can use: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-repeal-previous-global-policy-from-sim-who-died/...

If not, please create a post in general discussion for this. Maybe someone else knows.

This bug was fixed a while ago.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 38 (692 Views)