Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

by Francoisf30

Original Post

★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow, I wouldn't have started one either if I knew. As the saying goes, curiosity killed the cat.
Message 21 of 38 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@myline I had the reaper show up in one of the trends my sim created as well.
Message 22 of 38 (1,176 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Trends from the Trendsetter careers branch won't turn off

★ Apprentice

I have the exact same problem. I play on PS4. Its so annoying. Its been 3 weeks (real time) and it still didn’t disappear. On top of that there’s too many Sims wearing it.

Message 23 of 38 (1,143 Views)

★ Novice

I have this happening on PC and it's really annoying because sims that I created (but am not playing) show up in the outfit I made ages ago (and I also forgot shoes) all the time. Most of my female NPCs never wear their own clothes anymore, and just the trend that was set

Message 24 of 38 (1,093 Views)

★ Pro

The only way I've found to make this less annoying is to have a Trendsetter in my game that I only play when I want to change the trends. I've taken to creating  styles that appear to be part of a club. I change them up every once in a while. For a while I had motorcycle club theme, now I have a DU sports team. It's less disturbing to see a bunch of Sims in the same outfits if you imagine they're in town for an event. 

Of course, Death showing up in motorcycle leathers is... just odd. Raised eyebrow

Message 25 of 38 (1,085 Views)

★ Apprentice
@JrMalungo Really bummed to see this wasn't addressed in the most recent patch. I've even asked modders to look into it, but they say there's nothing they can do. C'mon, EA! Fix this.
Message 26 of 38 (1,059 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JackOnYourBack Yes, this needs to have a sunset timer so it doesn't go on forever. I don't want to try editing my save file, since this is my legacy game.
Message 27 of 38 (961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still happening. It feels even more sims are wearing the trends. It's been the same two outfits almost a year. I hope they do something, my legacy save is ruined.

Message 28 of 38 (840 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Ok, so I have found a workaround this situation that work for me on the sims forum, by LittleMsSam.

Here is the link, LittleMsSam explain step by step what to do, while you have installed Sims Studio. So be careful, because you will modify your savefile, BUT, I make a back up of mine, and I made step by step the solution and it worked so far. I havent seen any sims wearing the trend outfit, and nothing else have been change, so I believe it is a good solution. Also, I checked with my style influencer what it would do if I try to make another trend, and the first thing I saw was the grey underwear on a mannequin. No need of mods or cheats, just manage your savefile.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957662/how-do-i-get-rid-of-trend-clothing

This is easy and you should do it, just make a back up of your savefile if it can releave you from stressing to mess things up.

Message 29 of 38 (806 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Francoisf30 Thanks so much for that tip! :D I'm guessing this work-around would not work for console players?

What I did was create 5 trends each for males and females and tried to make them fairly ordinary-looking so that they blended in a crowd. I also love that idea @DizzyDee-K suggested about using club outfits. Honestly, I'd rather see the same 5 trends than some of those bizarre random outfits worn by NPC's anyway.

Message 30 of 38 (794 Views)