Shadows of trees show no leaves

by DestroyerSims

Original Post

Re: Trees display "winter" shadows in summer, without leaves.

★★ Pro
That's what I thought. And that's what the rest of are seeing too.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully we'll get an official response soon!
Message 31 of 71 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This thread is getting buried, so I'll ask: Is there any action on social media regarding this bug? (Twitter, etc.) Any recent Guru responses?

Message 32 of 71 (1,172 Views)

★★ Pro

No and trust me I've been checking pretty frequently. I went from this is just slightly annoying to now I'm getting irritated, because Mac users complain about upside down screenshots, which is easily fixable by the player and they get a response right away that the issue is being fixed for them in the next patch.

I know that's just one small example, but I honestly believe if this was an NVIDIA problem, with tons of people reporting we'd have heard something by now.

Please @SimGuruNick, @SimGuruIcarus, or @SimQARobo could one of you please, please look into this issue for AMD users? It would help all of us to feel better about this if we knew someone from Maxis was aware of this problem and taking steps to fix it.

Message 33 of 71 (1,162 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @manzana0807

We are aware of this issue and are still investigating it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 71 (1,154 Views)

★★ Pro

Thank you, thank you so much for responding! Just knowing you're looking into it is good enough for me! I don't feel quite as anxious about it now.

Message 35 of 71 (1,149 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm adding this to our build/buy list.

Message 36 of 71 (1,122 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Trees display "winter" shadows in summer, without leaves

★★ Novice

I have had this issue for weeks now. I also use AMD hardware. 

Message 37 of 71 (1,053 Views)

Shadows of trees show no leaves

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the shadows of trees. All trees, whether they're outside the lot or in it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shadows of trees that have leaves, don't show any leaves. The leaves are not shown even during spring, summer and autumn. This happens to all trees, even spruce trees that don't lose their leaves/needles during winter.
What do you expect to see? If a tree has leaves, its shadow should too.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

trees have no leaves.png

Repairing the game did not work.

Message 38 of 71 (1,039 Views)

Re: Shadows of trees show no leaves

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is a known issue with AMD cards.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Trees-display-quot-winter-quot-shadows-in-summer-without/...

Please add a Me Too on that thread.

Message 39 of 71 (1,020 Views)

Re: Shadows of trees show no leaves

Hero

Hi @DestroyerSims

I've merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 71 (1,001 Views)