Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Traveling resets other Sims' whims

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out Supernatural Get to Work cats and dogs strangerville holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family with multiple Sims. Pin one Sim's whims. Then, make another sim travel.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims remaining at home have their whims reset.
What do you expect to see? Pinned whims are kept, even if another Sim travels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It doesn't seem to matter where you travel to (another world or the same world, residential vs retail, owned, etc).

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 29 (4,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Household sim's whims reset when one sim travels

Hero
@EeveeTinn I just tested this with wants and it seems fixed. Can you confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 29 (1,895 Views)

All Replies

Re: Traveling resets other Sims' aspirations

Hero
@moneser In your title you talk about aspirations, in the text about whims. From your description it's the whims ? Is that correct ? Is there also an issue with the aspiration ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (4,003 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Traveling resets other Sims' whims

★ Guide
@moneser Hey, I just noticed the same issue! Checked everything without mods. it's still there! Basically when ever my sim travels all the other sims that are left at home have their whims completely reset even if i pin them.
Message 3 of 29 (3,936 Views)

I have the same issue, and it's already driving me batty. Especially with toddlers, as most times their whims completely reset, so all I have to work with is an emotion whim for awhile!

Message 4 of 29 (3,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I mean whims, sorry. I'm not sure what's going on, because sometimes the title appears as "whims" and sometimes as "aspirations"--but I'm talking about whims.

It's driving me batty too. My favorite expansions are Get to Work and Dine Out, but any time I send my sim to work or the restaurant, it resets everyone else's whims.

[Posts Merged by CM]

Message 5 of 29 (3,848 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Traveling resets other Sims' whims

★ Apprentice

I changed the title tag from NEEDS INPUT to OPEN because I answered the question.

Message 6 of 29 (3,772 Views)

Family Whims lost while traveling to StrangeVille

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Machino stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family of Sims with Whims. Travel to StrangeVille and back and even the pinned Whims will be reset of the family members.
What happens when the bug occurs? I travel to StrangeVille and back and even the pinned Whims will be reset of the family members
What do you expect to see? The whims to stay in place of the other family members even though one is traveling
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Noticed this pattern now once I am focusing on unlocking the StrangeVille part. 

Message 7 of 29 (3,748 Views)

Hero
@moneser Needs input has nothing to do with answering question but more to get more voices from other people.

Please refer to this what tags mean: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445297#M83544

@emaalinen Merged your post but question: Does it only happen when travelling to Strangervillle for you or other hoods too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (3,719 Views)

★ Guide

Hey,

Having the same issue. It happens all the time to all my families doesn't matter in which hood i'm playing. 

Message 9 of 29 (3,677 Views)

Household sim's whims reset when one sim travels

★ Guide

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? PC:1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work,Get Together,City Living,Cats & Dogs,Seasons,Get Famous,Island Living,Outdoor Retreat,Spa Day,Dine Out,Vampires,Parenthood,Jungle Adventure,StrangerVille,Realm of Magic,Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff,Cool Kitchen Stuff,Spooky Stuff,Movie Hangout Stuff,Romantic Garden Stuff,Kids Room Stuff,Backyard Stuff,Vintage Glamour Stuff,Bowling Night Stuff,Fitness Stuff,Toddler Stuff,Laundry Day Stuff,My First Pet Stuff,Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have one sim travel and leave the rest at home, when you come back all the whims of the sims that were home are going to be reset, even if you pin them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whims reset
What do you expect to see? Whims not resetting
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

This bug is present for a very long time and has not been fixed! I am a whims-based player so it is very frustrating for me that I constantly have to travel with all my sims or not at all, since if I travel individually the whims of all my other sims in the household will reset. No more romantic dates for mom and dad! Now they only can go out dragging their kids and grandma along. In all seriousness I really hope that EA acknowledges this issue and fixes is after all!

Message 10 of 29 (3,612 Views)