Re: Household sim's whims reset when one sim travels

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Traveling resets other Sims' whims

★★ Pro

This and resetting the pinned whims when changing households! I think there's a separate thread for that but I'm kinda guessing these bugs could be fixed with the same piece of code.

It's depressing for having big life-changing whims like "get engaged to X" disappear because they make me feel like the sim actually has some hopes and dreams and they feel more alive. Next time I play with that sim/family the sim forgot all about the engagement and now want to buy a bee-box since it's spring. Disappointed

Message 21 of 29 (684 Views)

★ Guide

I feel like whims even get reset when I go to plan outfit! This NEEDS to be fixed. My sim now wants a baby, and I want it to stay there during her getting pregnant, being pregnant and having the baby. But I know that's impossible so I have to rely on my spreadsheet.

Please fix this!

I found this thread while looking for a mod that may help with the unpinning of whims, but having it fixed in game is so much less exhausting than having to keep up with all the bug fixing mods!

Message 22 of 29 (650 Views)

★ Novice

Just started a new legacy challenge and this is happening to me too. I have a few mods installed, MCCC and Some other mods like faster fishing and faster painting, but this happens every time i travel in this new save. I didn't observe it happening before, since i mostly play single sim households. 

Message 23 of 29 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"Most people have turned off whims" as if the devs didn't abandon the feature and turn it off automatically.

Over 60 people have reported this as Me Too, and I've seen people ask about it on other platforms. When will this be fixed?

Just because the devs stopped updating it doesn't mean players who DO use this sadly abandoned feature should struggle with such a silly bug... It's such a weird oversight, and makes the feature even LESS likely to be used. Why not just fix this thing which has clearly been an issue for several years??

Message 24 of 29 (551 Views)

The lock for the whims still doesn't work properly

★★ Newbie

I really enjoy playing wants/whim based, but I can't really do it in 4. If I lock a whim in to stay and then travel with another sim in the household to another lot, the whims will reset themselves when I come back to them Frown Plesse fix this. Also, please update them. Me and a lot of other simmers like playing wants based.

Message 25 of 29 (473 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah this is still happening. I love whims, and they should be there by default in my opinion. Not only does it reset when tarvelig, but also when you quit and go back to you game to play. I had some pinned whims, and of course, they are all gone when I come back from traveling/go back into game. Annoying.

Message 26 of 29 (438 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@EeveeTinn I just tested this with wants and it seems fixed. Can you confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 29 (1,940 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Sorry for the late reply, had blue screens of death and could not test :DD
anyhow, I did not notice that wants are resetting or disappearing, so I believe it is fixed Standard smile
Message 28 of 29 (362 Views)

Hero
@EeveeTinn Thanks for confirming :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (358 Views)