Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Tragic Clown no longer appears in Correct Outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Viewing the Tragic Clown painting.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Tragic Clown will spawn onto the lot with a random generated outfit.
What do you expect to see? When the clown is spawned onto a lot it wears the incorrect outfit, loosing the unique animations of the Tragic Clown.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hey all,

This as been a issue for quite sometime now. Despite Guru's contacting me saying it's known issue and are working on it, the glitch still happens after almost a year later.

Message 1 of 19 (3,691 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Tragic Clown no longer appears in Correct Outfit

Hero

• The Tragic Clown will now always actually dress like the Tragic Clown. What was a tragedy of fashion is now just a tragedy of clownness.

Fixed in Patch 1.43.14

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (3,105 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Tragic Clown doesn't wear outfit anymore

Champion

Good catch, @knazzer ! Thumbs up  Angel  I will have to test this out in my game, because I haven't used the Tragic Clown painting in a few months!  I bet you are right and that it is connected to the "random townie clothing glitch"! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 19 (3,626 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Tragic Clown doesn't wear outfit anymore

Champion

I was able to get the same result in my game as in yours. Raised eyebrow  I don't' know how to take a picture with the name/Tragic Clown tag displayed, but my Tragic Clown's name is Rania El Khouri and above her name it stated that she was a Tragic Clown.  The only thing correct with her "costume" is the hair!  At least she has the Tragic Clown hair, even if nothing else! Wink  Again, nice catch! Standard smile

Message 3 of 19 (3,624 Views)

Re: Tragic Clown doesn't wear outfit anymore

Hero

So lovely

TragicClown.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (3,601 Views)

Champion

@crinrict , LOL Large smile  that outfit in your pic is something else!  :eahigh_file:

One thing I noticed is that even though the "Tragic Clown" isn't wearing the proper sadness-inducing outfit, mine still is constantly crying, so she must have the Gloomy trait.  (But that still doesn't affect other Sims!) Confused

Message 5 of 19 (3,555 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (3,547 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Tragic Clown doesn't wear outfit anymore

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

And this is my tragic clown. Wearing a custom wedding veil, a nice white dress, some sports leggings and sneakers.

I use MC command center so I can easily change any sim's clothes or take a look at their other clothing.
This is definitely related to the general random townie clothing problem since this is not even one of her actual clothings. Gloves and too many all kind of accessories are already screaming "hey look I'm the same glitch"
On the other hand, the tragic clown doesn't even have a clown outfit at all. Just the hair.
This overall clothing craziness in game is totally out of hand, infecting almost all the sims, and extremely annoying. Need a fix asap.

Message 7 of 19 (3,472 Views)

Hero

Hi @Veronica55

your picture doesn't show as photobucket has changed their policies, hence I removed the link

You can upload the picture directly to your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (3,461 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi all,

I just noticed this issue pop up in my game also. The clown has always been a favorite of mine, and even when I go into CAS and manually change their outfit to the clown costume they won't wear it. Mind-controlling them (GTW) to change clothes does nothing, btw. 

Unfortunately, the tragic clown has been buggy for a while. One of the clown makeup choices always overrides the other two in Live mode, no mater which one you pick. 

Is this part of the 'townies wearing odd outfits' epidemic as of recently? Oh, how my townies once had style...  Disappointed
Message 9 of 19 (3,416 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I tried the Tragic Clown in my game as I'm trying to get a collection made up of screenshots showing the different moodlets.  My one Sim always wears a cowboy hat so it honestly didn't surprise me when the female clown that visited was wearing a cowboy hat.  I didn't realize that wasn't supposed to be like that.  I thought a cowboy clown would come to my cowboy lol   The other Sim of the household summoned the clown as well and he got a male one dressed way hilarious...it was like he chose one of something out of every category in his closet.  Although this is sort of funny, it does defeat the purpose of a clown.  Plus how much sad does the clown make your Sim?  My cowboy thought she was boring and left while his husband actually sat at poolside with her and chatted.  That's why I summoned a clown for him, but they hit it off just fine too.  No sad.

Message 10 of 19 (3,328 Views)