Re: [OPEN] Townies walking by that stop to chat always use hostile greeting

by justbugreportin

Original Post

★★★ Guide

As of Seasons, this is still happening in my game as well.

Message 21 of 34 (1,094 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is happening in my game too, every time two walkby NPC's stop to talk. They will initially do the angry, hostile greeting, then proceed to greet eachother normally. I can't really say when this started happening or even when I first noticed, I usually don't pay too much attention outside my sims houses. I was thinking it was intentional, so that children could increase their Empathy and Conflict resolution values, mediating between the two angry sims.

I see this behaviour in every neighbourhood, in every save.

Message 22 of 34 (1,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue but with all my Sims. Whenever anybody greets anybody, they use the hostile greeting.

Message 23 of 34 (1,051 Views)

Re: Townies walking by that stop to chat always use hostile greeting

★★★★ Guide
This is still a thing. Literally happens all the time in the vanilla save I set up after installing the Nov. patch.
Message 24 of 34 (967 Views)

Re: Townies walking by that stop to chat always use hostile greeting

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Not 100% certain when I first noticed this but it would have been after the November patch and Get Famous were installed. I run a vanilla game with no mods or custom content. All game content except My First Pet SP are installed. I have started several new saves with totally new game folders and used repair.

Edit: My Sim lives in Willow Creek. I noticed the hostile greetings in several neighborhoods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 25 of 34 (927 Views)

★★ Pro

This is happening in my game so often. Every time, it happens as soon as they meet on street each other. It happens randomly. It's very annoying. 

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16869712#Comment_16869712

This is the posting I uploaded yesterday. 

Message 26 of 34 (867 Views)

Champion
Since Get Famous I now see all sims doing it – not just townies in the street any more – now even the sims I’m currently playing will do hostile greeting animations before starting interactions in their own homes.

E.g. two sims wake up and go to breakfast, and in the kitchen they’ll frown angrily at each other, then start chatting with smiles and pleasantness.
Message 27 of 34 (850 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening in my game, too. At the first time when it happened I was not sure it was a bug or something. Because a random manager NPC in the restaurant acted hostilely toward to my sim, so I thought simply that sim maybe had a bad day or had hot-headed trait. But after G.F. patch, I've realized even my sims hostilely greets each other. Not always, sometimes. They get along and don't get angry, just their expressions look angry. How wired....

Message 28 of 34 (840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All my sims are doing this motion too!! It's really annoying. Mine do since the latest patch.

Message 29 of 34 (833 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After the Get Famous Update, I can see this angry interaction all over the place.

Friends, Lovers, spouse relationship doesn't matter, all sims do this.

Why this kind of bug slip EA's QA testing in the first place? Any fix for this?

Message 30 of 34 (827 Views)