Re: [PATCH 2014/12/16] Too many twins

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have yet to see anyone who actually had the bug say that the patch fixed it.

I've only had one birth since the supposed fix, and it was twins.  Not exactly a great sample, but.  I'm not sure why there is a "Solved!" icon next to this bug when many people are still having it.

For the record, mine was a user-initiated pregnancy but the birth happened offscreen while I was playing another family.  It's the only birth I've had since the patch.

Anyone else who has better statistics, please post so they know this isn't actually fixed!

Message 61 of 66 (1,091 Views)

Still having twins every pregnancy after updating game with latest patch

★★★ Newbie

I read that as of mid-January, the twins glitch that caused an overabundance of multiple births had been solved. As far as I can tell, my game is updated to include all the most recent updates/patches. I am still having twins EVERY SINGLE PREGNANCY. I have had five pregnancies since the supposed fix, and all twins. Every birth before said fix was twins with the exception of one. 

So, my question is are twins just meant to be the norm on this game, or is my game still glitchy? I find this bug, if that's what it is, to be extremely annoying.

Message 62 of 66 (1,091 Views)

Hero

@spasticpal merged your thread 

There are many that say it's fixed for them and the ones that checked the code also said so.

Are you guys using mods in your game ? Have you tried (for testing purposes) if the error also still occurs on a new save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 66 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not use mods, no. Never have; not experienced about that sort of thing. I have not tried a new game. (I assume by that you mean create a brand new household in CAS and move them in.) Will give it a shot. But, it won't really change the fact that I can only have twins in the family I began with, which is on the third generation... 

Message 64 of 66 (1,083 Views)

Hero

DId you try clearing cache files ?

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 66 (1,079 Views)

Hero

Going through the patch list, I found an older thread about the same issue.

There was definitly a problem after the Dec patch which has now been solved so I'm locking this.

If you feel you still have the issue, please use this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Randomizer-is-clearly-borked-18-sets-of-twins/td-p/3...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 66 (1,068 Views)