[FIXED] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

by alexishp23

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

★★★ Novice

After reading the thread I wanted to add that for me, with that one toddler, it was ALL meals. Didn’t matter what I fed her. I didn’t attempt the high chair because I loathe the glitches in the High chair system and would rather use the fillmotive cheat if I have too. 

Message 41 of 106 (1,394 Views)

Toddlers Can't Eat Certain Foods

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.36.105.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook affected foods and have toddler get or give a serving to a toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers take serving, go sit down and hold the plate without taking any bites
What do you expect to see? Toddlers to eat the food
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I'm on console
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I'm not sure
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure

This is not all food.  It's only certain ones.  I'm creating a forum in The Sims Forums to have others who have issued this problem can help me create a complete list of foods that can not be eaten by toddlers.

Foods Toddlers Will and Will Not Eat — The Sims Forums

Message 42 of 106 (1,381 Views)

★ Guide

My daughter plays on PC and I play on PS4 and we are both having this issue. For me it’s been when the toddlers are eating a serving of food made by a Sim. I don’t really use the high chair (too frustrating) so I can’t say whether or not it happens then. But I’ve watched the toddlers and they take the plate of food, sit somewhere and they do the animation where they look at plate of food and examine it, but then I can actually see them “reset”. They suddenly snap into a position where they are just sitting there and looking around. They just sit there until you prompt them to do something else. They then put the plate of food in their inventory and move on to whatever you prompted them to do. They don’t eat so their hunger continues to drop. They only reason one hasn’t been taken away is because I use the cheat code to bring their Hunger level back up. I’ve attached 2 screenshots - one where they are both very hungry with ignored plates of food in their hands, not eating. The second shows them 35 Sim minutes later, still hungry with the uneaten food stashed in their inventories. 

Message 43 of 106 (1,331 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@alexishp23 Same issue, I'll have my toddlers grab food, they'll then go and sit down but will sit there just constantly cycling/looping through the "chat" animations, as though they are talking to another household member even though no one is around to talk with and they are certainly not eating the food. While it's not happening frequently, it happens often enough that it's starting to irk me, especially if I'm focusing on a different family member while leaving the toddler to eat.
Message 44 of 106 (1,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

My current legacy generation's toddler started doing this. Happens we had pan fried tilapia in the fridge because the birthing parent's trying to lose the baby weight. I changed it to a peanut butter and jelly and she could eat that fine. Garden salad is also alright. Once, when testing what was usable and what wasn't, the plate of tilapia ended up suspended in midair like glitched objects like to do. It might be that the plate is sticking to her, I recall them liking to do that.

For now, I guess I'll stick to salads and quick meals. I haven't gotten a moment to extensively test what works and what doesn't. This frustrated me so much last night I almost quit this game. Not being able to feed your children seems like a serious problem in a game that's at least partially about having children.

Message 45 of 106 (1,230 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't eat

★★★ Novice

im haveing the problem on a brand new save file for a challenge.  i noticed after a toddler was taken away for neglect.  5 hours max on this save.  same thing on a different save file.  i just caught that one before the kid was taken away.  i saved the family, deleted the original version and the new one was fine.

Message 46 of 106 (1,196 Views)

★ Novice
@alexishp23 i've only started having this issue, on my new save file as of today. i keep having to cheat so he doesnt get taken away. i do use MCCC but thats the only mod i have in game (recent version) and i havent had any issues at all with MC and no last exception errors so I do think this is game related. i can take out the mod and test if someone wants me to try. but that is the only obvious/annoying glitch that i have in game right now.
Message 47 of 106 (1,147 Views)

Toddlers?

★★★ Newbie

Can someone please tell me why my toddlers aren’t eating? I’ve restarted the game, closed app, & they’re still not eating. All they’re doing is grabbing the plate and sitting down with it. If they’re in the high chair they just cry to get out. If this keeps happening I might lose my toddlers 😭😭

Message 48 of 106 (1,146 Views)

★★ Novice

My tods will only eat garden salad.  No other prepared meals that I've tried have worked, they can drink from the sippy cups of milk they get from adults, but no plates of food like Blackened Bass, Vegetable Tempura, Fish Tacos, Toferky, Roasted Chicken, etc.  

Message 49 of 106 (1,125 Views)

Re: Toddlers?

Hero (Retired)
@AMTDeANS I've merged your post into the bug report for toddlers. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

You can try feeding them things like scrambled eggs, or apples or other raw produce.
Message 50 of 106 (1,113 Views)