Re: [OPEN] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

by bewitching1

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@alexishp23 I had the same issue with three of my own toddlers. I gave up the save at the moment in hopes it would be fixed soon, but my new save now has the same issue. My girl toddler eat completely fine through her entire stage, but her brother is now refusing to eat. I can't recall if he's eaten anything after aging. I think my three original toddlers were all boys as well, but I can't be sure if that's part of the issue or not.
Message 61 of 106 (1,072 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's only certain foods (like garlic noodles). You can still get them to eat sandwiches and scrambled eggs and toast

Message 62 of 106 (1,061 Views)

Re: Garlic Noodles glitched for Toddlers

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ArcherAngelo It's not all foods, so give them some eggs or a sandwich and you can work around it until they fix the issue
Message 63 of 106 (1,059 Views)

★★ Novice

This has occured for me for the following meals

Chicken Stirfry

Tofu stirfry

Garlic noodles

(so far)

Just hold their hands out with plates, but if you cook another meal they will eat it 

Message 64 of 106 (1,030 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sxpphirexx Plus tilapia
Message 65 of 106 (1,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Fully up to date, no mods, no CC, haven't noticed this as a problem before, but it's happening as most if not all above have said.  It's just certain foods my toddlers won't eat. 

Message 66 of 106 (901 Views)

★★★ Guide

My toddler almost starved to death because I told her to eat Dango and she just sat there holding it and would not eat.

Message 67 of 106 (884 Views)

Sims/Toddlers Not Eating

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, Discover University, City Living, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grab leftovers/serving, make sim eat, and they do not eat even though they have food in their hands and it is the action they're supposed to be doing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims/Toddlers, with food in their hands, simply do not eat. Their hunger bar continues to deplete despite the fact that they have been told to eat! (note: it does not show that the action is in progress via the green bar around the action circle, just that is the action they are supposed to be doing)
What do you expect to see? Sims/Toddlers should eat until their meal is finished, and the green action-completion bar around the action should run to completion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims/Toddlers when told to eat do not actually do the action even though they grab the food and hold it. Their hunger continues to deplete and they do not eat even though it is the action they are supposed to be doing. I have tried with leftovers and meals and to no avail.

Message 68 of 106 (636 Views)

Re: Sims/Toddlers Not Eating

Hero
@sydnerdstyles13 This is a known issue for toddlers and has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddlers-won-t-eat-Patch-1-68-154-133/m-p/9716483 but haven't seen any reports for other age groups.

Do you have it for every age group ? Have you tried deleting localthumbcache file after removing mods and repairing the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 106 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Me, too.  I was actually driven to try the high chair in frustration.  (I'd been warned off them and they're as buggy as I was led to believe.)

What seems to work sometimes is to just decide that whatever plate they're holding is "bugged" and throw it away and get them a fresh one.  Sometimes. 

My toddlers will eat harvestables 100% of the time.

They will sometimes eat food just sitting on a regular chair.  I hadn't noticed whether it was certain foods, except that they seem to hate fish. That might be a coincidence, though. It seemed to me to be tied to how hungry the toddler is. 

If I use the high chair they will usually eat "high chair food" but actually getting them into the high chair is a nightmare: 

You: Put toddler in high chair.
Sim: Picks up toddler. Puts toddler down next to high chair.
You: NO. Put toddler in high chair.
Sim: Puts toddler in high chair. Immediately takes toddler out of high chair and puts toddler on floor.
You: (#@*$#%&. PUT. TODDLER. IN. HIGH CHAIR.
You: I'm going to kill someone in a minute. Seriously. Don't even. PUT. TODDLER. IN. HIGH CHAIR. YOU. STUPID. (#)$*#&$!
Sim: Puts toddler in high chair.
Second Sim: Immediately takes toddler out of high chair.
Popup: [Toddler] is very hungry! Make sure you feed them before they're taken away!
You: (#@*$#%&. PUT. TODDLER. IN. HIGH CHAIR. *scream of frustration*

Repeat until you give up and cheat toddler needs. 

Sorry, this is the toddlers won't eat bug report, not the high chair bug report. Wink

But the not eating is less eventful.  They just sit holding the plate for three or four or five hours and don't eat until you get the popup that your toddler will be taken away unless you feed them.  Restting object doesn't make them eat, clicking the plate and telling them to eat doesn't make them eat, sometimes replacing the "bugged" plate with a completely different plate of different food seems to help. 

Message 70 of 106 (813 Views)