Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

by Francoisf30

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

Champion

I didn't do any testing as I was just going through normal gameplay. So I didn't try every dish. What I noticed is my twin toddlers would not eat chicken stir fry, either in the high chair or in the floor on their own.  The action icon popped up as if they were eating but they just moved their little arms and looked at the food.  They didn't actually eat and their hunger meter did not increase.  They did eat ham and cheese sandwich from "give food" and the turkey grand meal.  

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 51 of 106 (1,230 Views)

★ Guide

I just discovered this issue today. The toddlers wouldn't eat pan fried tilapia. After reading this thread, I tried bacon and eggs, and that worked. 

Message 52 of 106 (1,179 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have had this issue with herb crusted salmon and chicken stir fry but no other foods. those two foods (at least) have a glitch that makes toddlers unable to eat them.

Message 53 of 106 (1,131 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't eat

★★★★★ Apprentice

So mine was working fine until today. Then she tried to eat garlic noodles (gourmet meal) and she wouldn't. Just sat there with the plate but no eating as everyone reports.  I have no mods installed. I made her a PBJ sandwich from the quick meals and she picked it up and actually ate it.

Maybe something to do with Gourmet Meals?

Message 54 of 106 (1,121 Views)

★ Guide

This seems to happen to some toddlers, and not others.  Moving to a different lot may either fix it or make it start happening.  For me:  Toddler ate at home without a problem.  Vacation in Mt Komorebi, he wouldn't eat.  Back home again, he ate just fine.  Moved to Mt Komorebi, he ate just fine.  Little sister was born, and she wouldn't eat.  She still wouldn't eat after moving elsewhere.  Had to use cheats to fill hunger while these two were toddlers.  Once they aged up to Child, no more problems with eating.

As someone else mentioned, I hate high chairs and never use them.  I DID try a high chair to see if the toddlers would eat when sitting in them, but it didn't help.

Message 55 of 106 (1,101 Views)

Garlic Noodles glitched for Toddlers

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make garlic noodles, have toddler try to eat them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most foods the toddlers are eating just fine, but for some reason when they get their hand on Garlic Noodles they just sit and hold them forever and their hunger doesn't go up.
What do you expect to see? Just eat the food, toddlers, please.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had a toddler almost taken away for starvation because I toggled him up to eat garlic noodles and he just sat there not eating it. At first I thought it was because of poor quality, but I made Garlic Noodles again later and a different toddler also refused to actually eat it and instead sat there slowly starving.

Message 56 of 106 (1,070 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't eat

★ Novice

I think it is an issue with the type of food. My todler refused to eat, sat there with a plate or Garlic Pasta and just sat. Clicked on eat multiple times but she wouldnt eat. When she was sitting at the same spot I let her pick up a plate with Eggs and Toast and the immediatly started eating. 

Message 57 of 106 (1,030 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I think it's related to foods that can be eaten with chopsticks.
Message 58 of 106 (989 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@superkyle221 Me too, I had my toddlers try food, and some meal works, some dont for some reasons... could it be the update for the chopstick option screwing our toddlers ability to eat those food with their hands?
Message 59 of 106 (922 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My toddler is also a picky eater. She eats pancakes, fish and chips, minestone and cheasebread. She takes garlic noodles and kiproerbakschotel (A play in Dutch, I don't know how it's called in English). But she only sits and doesn't eat.

Message 60 of 106 (882 Views)