Re: Toddlers won't eat

by aquashamrock

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except snowy retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I tried restarting the game, giving toddlers different plates of food.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my toddler gets a plate of food, they do not eat it and their hunger bar does not go up.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers should eat until their hunger bar is full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2020 patch update

After trying multiple times to get the toddlers to eat, the hunger bar is still dangerously low.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 106 (16,039 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims/Toddlers Not Eating

Hero

Toddlers will now eat the food your Sims have prepared for them. My mom used to say when my siblings and I were children that “this is not a restaurant, you eat what I cook for you all” so yeah… a lot of times I saw my sister stay at the table until she finished all her veggies… her nemesis was spinach. Bet my Mom wishes she had this fix… yup!

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 106 of 106 (9,029 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@alexishp23 Tested this and mine works fine.

Could you test another toddler/save to see if you have the same issue there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 106 (15,994 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. It was in a household that I was playing before the 11/10 patch. The toddler grabbed a plate of food, sat in a chair, and just held the plate... no eating animations and the hunger meter didn't go up. I canceled the action and had an adult put the toddler in the highchair, gave toddler the same plate of food (herb incrusted salmon) and the toddler wouldn't couldn't eat. Had the adult Sim pick up the plate of food and tried the "give food" interaction on the highchair... the adult placed the bowl of cereal on the highchair tray and the toddler DID eat. 

So I'm wondering if its something with food that Sims have prepared? 

Message 3 of 106 (15,977 Views)

Hero
@SimtasticSimSim Do you have this issue with all your toddlers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 106 (15,973 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well. Not the first time feeding them since the update a few hours ago, but now I have two VERY hungry toddlers who just sit there holding the plate of food and occasionally waft their hands near it like they're smelling it. They've eaten this meal before (chicken stir fry). I even tried doing a reset sim on one of them and it did not fix it. I tell them to eat, they pick up their plates, climb up on the couch, and...just sit their holding their food. I'm worried if this goes on longer my kids will be taken away. 

Message 5 of 106 (15,955 Views)

Hero

Could you test a new save to see if you have the same issue there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 106 (15,951 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will test it on other households. And report back. 

Message 7 of 106 (15,937 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, this is kinda strange but I just checked another save file family (with 3 toddlers) and all 3 toddlers were able to pick up and eat cooked food. Not only that but an adult Sim was able to use an open staircase with fencing at the top (I know that is an issue on a different thread, but I just happened to notice the adult Sim using the stairs.

I dragged a group serving onto a coffee table and all 3 toddlers picked up a plate, climbed onto the sofa, and started eating. Their hunger bars went up as you would expect. The only differences are: 

1. The household with non-eating toddler is on a residential lot in Evergreen Harbor. There is a highchair on the lot.

2. The household with normal toddlers is an apartment lot in San Myshuno. There are no highchairs on the lot.

Message 8 of 106 (15,934 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've created a new family to see if it happens again. I'll also upload my original glitched family to my library and try it on a new save.
Message 9 of 106 (15,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictUpdate: playing both families in the islands with mermaid sims. Wink The toddlers in the new family (both created in CAS) ate their first meal of eggs and toast just fine. So, I switched back to my original family.
I tried changing one of the glitched toddlers to a breakfast scramble, and she's now eating just fine, but it was a partial plate and only brought her to half full. Unfortunately it was my last breakfast scramble...now they also refuse to eat new plates of garlic noodles, and I've been having the issue with sims (toddler, child, adult) refusing to eat partial plates of leftovers of most things 90% of the time. (sit down, and the eat action just cancels on it's own and they walk away to set the plate back on a random table)
Now having my merman cook a new meal of gumbo, since they've eaten that before the patch.
I've also uploaded the Edwards family to the Gallery if you care to take a look. Merman, human wife, 2 half mer kids, 2 toddlers (one mer/alien) and a mer/alien infant.
I do not use Mods or CC of any kind. I did download the lot I'm playing from the Gallery, but created the young adults in CAS and spawned the family "naturally". Wink  I also loath high chairs, so I don't ever purchase them. 

Message 10 of 106 (15,928 Views)