Re: [OPEN] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

by pinneduphair

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@alexishp23 I am experiencing the same issue. However, it seems to depend what you feed your toddler in my experience. Normal meals (sandwich, mac & cheese) seems to work sometimes. It's annoying especially since you never really know what they'll eat and won't eat.
Message 91 of 106 (884 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is doubly annoying for me as I have twin toddlers in my household at the moment. I normally use cheats to make toddlers happy as is. But giving them food and having them not satisfying their hunger is really frustrating. 

So many food issues at the moment the game is almost becoming unplayable

Message 92 of 106 (846 Views)

Champion

I was excited to see that the issue might have been fixed.  However, I just tested with one of my toddlers and he would still not eat the chicken stir fry. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 93 of 106 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So glad I found this bug report! I was playing with twin toddlers yesterday and neither of them would eat any of the prepared meals in the house (samosas, garlic noodles, palak paneer, maybe a few other items I'm not sure). Resetting on the couch and putting the untouched plate away. They were on the verge of starving by the time I figured it out, but they would still eat quick meals and desserts (Simcity cheesecake) in the end.

I'd understand if toddlers refused to eat spicy or garlicky food by design (in which case it would be nice to have "toddler-safe" in the tooltips), but this seemed more like a glitch. Not so fun when there's Sims-CPS already hovering over my head because they refused to eat 5 times in a row...

Message 94 of 106 (944 Views)

★ Apprentice

toddler-safe would be nice cause i just sat through an hour of trying to figure out why my toddler wouldnt eat garlic noodles as they just held the plate and looked like they were stuck in a cycle instead of eating.  

Message 95 of 106 (921 Views)

Champion

@LebtNurEinTraum Yes!  I'm certain it's a glitch.  If it were a cute / annoying picky eater thing, I think the game would have them throw the plate or something.  Instead, the eat food action starts and just as it seems they're about to take a bite, they reset.  Fortunately, there are foods they will eat.  Frustratingly, I'd rather give them other cooked options.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 96 of 106 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am specifically having this issue if the toddler is "called to meal" or given the food. If they "grab a serving" on their own, they will eat it. Otherwise, they will just sit there with their plate getting hungrier and hungrier until I force them to stop (otherwise, I'm assuming they'd just sit there forever holding a plate of food and feeling immensely hungry.

Message 97 of 106 (860 Views)

★★ Pro
@jsophiak That is interesting.
Message 98 of 106 (834 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheFrancakes Yeah I agree. If there are certain dishes toddlers won't eat, there should be some indication. I just gave two twins garlic noodles, then switched to other sims, and didn't realize the toddlers weren't eating until their hunger got severely low. I'm just glad I caught on before they were taken away.
Message 99 of 106 (805 Views)

★★ Pro
@JonaO703 Wish this one had made the laundry list.

I do not have Snowy Escape, but I do have lots of toddlers, and I want them to eat all the food the way they used to be able to without the chopsticks skill or whatever. Although, come to think of it, it would be nice if the adults ate less like toddlers themselves.
Message 100 of 106 (790 Views)