Re: [OPEN] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

by AprilTheSimmer96

Original Post

Toddler's not eating??

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Was playing sims earlier today and haven't played in a long while, but I've never had a game stopping issue. My game will NOT let my toddlers eat food. I normally get it out of the fridge manually without the use of a sim and put it on a counter or table for them to get themselves, but they just grab the plate, find a place to sit and....sit there. And starve. And also, there is no warning on my kids getting taken away. Really weird and really frustrating. I moved everyone in that family to an apartment but really want to live in this house I'm working on building. (kind of doing a "poor to rich'" thing with my game). And when I moved from the house to the apartment and back, everything was fine. Then I moved my sims husband in and they stopped eating. Does anyone else have this issue? What can I do to fix it? Because...I just want to play my game. I haven't downloaded any new packs, no mods or cc. Just updated like usual and now this. Hooray.....

Edit 2/13/21 

Came back a day later after posting this and followed the suggestions in the post. Gave my toddlers food real toddlers would be interested in. Like mac n cheese or pancakes. Salads, grilled cheese, etc. Toddlers eat just fine know. Yay I can play the sims!

Message 81 of 106 (744 Views)

Re: Toddler's not eating??

Hero
@Wolfgoddess56 I merged your post with the bug report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 106 (710 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Wolfgoddess56I have this problem, too.  Try harvestables, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, and eggs and toast.  Mine will eat harvestables 100% of the time and I know they've eaten eggs and toast.  Other people in the thread have other suggestions. 

Message 83 of 106 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm having this same problem. But it's only some foods - 

There are certain dishes a toddler will not eat, but they do not refuse to pick up the food. When I direct a toddler to Grab a Serving/Eat certain dishes, they will take the plate, sit down and hold the plate, but will not eat.

Dishes that cause this reaction so far include chicken stir fry, garlic noodles, pan fried tilapia. I haven't gone through them all. It's been seen in the last four toddlers, different parents, three different households, two different worlds.

Dishes they always eat include mac and cheese, grilled cheese, fish tacos, chicken saltimbocca, grand meals from holidays. 

Message 84 of 106 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I play on Xbox and this happens to me too (started happening a little over a month ago, like maybe a week or so before the Paranormal patch; or maybe it started happening to me in January).

The only workaround I found is having a Spellcaster cast Delicioso (not Grand Delicioso, haven't tested that in case it causes the same issue since it counts as a group meal), then having the toddler eat the food that appeared. Or just opening the fridge and pulling a plate of food out for the toddler to grab (not from a group meal).

Message 85 of 106 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@AprilTheSimmer96I did cast Delicioso once, and the toddler ate what appeared (hot dog). I cast Grand Delicioso the next time, and the platter was garlic noodles, so again she would not eat the serving she picked up.

I usually pull a platter out of the fridge and have the toddler grab a serving. It doesn't seem to affect the issue - just what's on the plate.

Message 86 of 106 (928 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@TeahouseFoxOh okay. ☺️ Thanks for the info! 😊

I'll keep a lookout if I have my Sim have a kid again soon. Maybe it was also what was on the plate for me too but I just don't remember what it was. ☺️

Message 87 of 106 (924 Views)

Re: Sims/Toddlers Not Eating

Hero
@sydnerdstyles13 Does this happen to all Sims for you or just toddlers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 88 of 106 (497 Views)

★★ Guide

I think this issue has been fixed. I tested it and my toddler just ate Garlic Noodles, Blackened Bass, Chicken Stir Fry, fish grand meal, and Pan Fried Tilapia just fine. These were dishes I’ve seen listed as ones people were having trouble with. 

Message 89 of 106 (817 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Kita5399 Oh! Darn... I aged up my last toddler, but I'll look for it with the next one.

I'm losing track of the all the little bugs I need to compensate for when i play :P
Message 90 of 106 (758 Views)