Re: [OPEN] Toddlers won't eat (Patch 1.68.154/133)

by CathieCMR

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn You should post in the other thread about the high chairs. This was funny, but true.
The toddlers eating you can work around as long as you feed them foods not on the trigger list (ie give them eggs and toast or a sandwich)
Message 71 of 106 (765 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@bewitching1There wasn't a thread that seemed to be my exact issue so I started a new one.  Hopefully it's not a duplicate; if so, sorry crinrict!

Message 72 of 106 (740 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I've literally started to just make the few foods I know for a fact they will eat, like mac & cheese, grilled cheese, and pancakes.

Message 73 of 106 (1,057 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@apollokiri I hope you noticed in the other chats that you dont have to give up your saves games! It's only certain foods (like garlic noodles or stirfry). You can still get them to eat sandwiches, pancakes, and scrambled eggs and toast
Message 74 of 106 (1,052 Views)

★ Guide

Adding to the foods they will eat are the roast chicken, the grand meals (at least the turkey and tofurkey), French toast, and vegetable casserole.  

Message 75 of 106 (1,011 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this bug too.

My game ver. is 1.70.84.1020

Toddlers can't eat any roasted fish from grill (salmon too). It's kinda important when you playing Apocalypse challenge and you can feed your sims only with fish and fruits/vegetables/herbs.

Toddler just seats with plate of fish and nothing is going on. Please do something about it!

Message 76 of 106 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been having this issue for months. Regardless of save file, regardless of type of food, it seems completely random. But it is annoying nonetheless. Why this hasn't been fixed yet is beyond me... Absolutely frustrating. I refuse to use cheats and shouldn't have to alter my gameplay just to ensure that my toddlers aren't starved and taken away. Devil Broken heart Devil 

Message 77 of 106 (917 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue with my vampire toddler. I thought it was because he was a vampire that he wouldn't eat the herb-crusted salmon, thinking it had something to do with garlic LOL. He would just sit staring at the plate and when I tried to cancel the meal it wouldn't, not only that but his parents couldn't interact with him until he got fed up staring at the plate and finally put it down. Good to know I'm not the only one having this issue, though I've never noticed it before and i am only getting back into playing in over a year. I'm writing down the things people have noticed their toddlers will eat, if i noticed mine acting differently I'll be sure to put it on here.  

Message 78 of 106 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@torided It's not random. It's specific foods. Please see prior notes on this issue for foods "safe to eat for toddlers".
Message 79 of 106 (863 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@alexishp23 I've noticed that some foods and foodplates bugs out...when I made a new dish and my toddlers tried to eat from that, it worked just fine. If no dish works for you...then I don't know, sorry!
Message 80 of 106 (813 Views)