Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers taken Out of High Chair Before Food is Finished

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim put their toddler in a high chair for food or drink.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will not leave their toddlers to eat in peace. They will often take toddlers out of their high chairs before they have finished their food.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers should be allowed to completely finish eating or drinking before a Sim can autonomously take them out of their high chair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌My poor, poor toddlers. It seems that my parents don't want to let them eat or drink in peace. Whenever they're eating or drinking in their high chairs, one of their parents will often autonomously come over and take them out before they can finish. It's driving me nuts! 

Message 1 of 36 (12,660 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Highchair Autonomy

[ Edited ]
Hero

Toddlers will no longer be put down from the high chair before they’ve finished eating. Patience mama, they’re still learning.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

There's another High Chair issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Toddler-keeps-asking-food-too-often-and-in-high/m-... that's probably still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 36 (12,797 Views)

All Replies

Re: Musical Highchairs

Hero

High chairs have many issues .. most of them are documented here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-issues/m-p/5819628

I'm tempted to merge, so you could you please read the reported issues and let me know if you feel your issue is different from the ones reported. 

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (12,525 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I read through the thread, and while I see some similarities, none of the already-reported issues mirrors my own issues exactly. I don't have many autonomy issues regarding toddlers, aside from adults on the lot autonomously watching the kids' channel without inviting the toddler to watch with them, which I already reported. They do "check on toddler" a lot autonomously, but this isn't much of a problem for me, and it doesn't cause them to take the toddler out of the highchair. This only seems to happen when I direct my Sims to do something manually that requires taking the toddler out of the highchair, such as flash cards or teaching to talk.

Message 3 of 36 (12,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to test this but I've changed your title a bit to make it more clear.

EDIT: Can't seem to duplicate this in my game. Did you try moving your chairs around a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (12,499 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Unfortunately, the toddler in the save in question is now a child. When I get around to having another toddler, I'll let you know how that works.

Message 5 of 36 (12,486 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Toddlers being put in and out of high chair on certain action

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this musical chair issue all the time but didn't know it was potentially a bug, I just assumed it was intended functionality. If it's not oh boy am I displeased I didn't check this out sooner, musical chairs is super annoying. Also worth noting - it's happened on two different lots with 6 different toddlers and chairs in multiple locations, always happens.

Message 6 of 36 (12,433 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Toddlers being put in and out of high chair on certain action

Hero

Do you gave a save ? Same symptoms as the OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (12,425 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Same issue here. I removed all mods/scripts but this didn't fix the issue. My parent sims wouldn't leave the toddler to eat in peace, kept taking her back out of the chair until she eventually grabbed the food off the high chair and ate it on the sofa instead.
Message 8 of 36 (12,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing the same issue as geekgirl101. It's making the upkeep of the child's hunger quite difficult/a hassle and have resorted to just leaving meals out on tables for the toddler to grab whenever they get hungry instead.

Message 9 of 36 (12,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yup, I've been seeing this a lot more again since installing Seasons. Same symptoms as @geekgirl101. Feeding toddlers in high chairs is really tedious because my Sims will often randomly take the toddler out of the high chair while they're still eating for no reason.

Message 10 of 36 (12,140 Views)