[FIXED] Toddlers taken Out of High Chair Before Food is Finished

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Toddlers being put in and out of high chair on certain action

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I've found video evidence of this occurring on reddit! As you can see, the toddler is being interrupted while eating and the parent is behaving very bizarrely after taking them out of the chair. Note how the parent was not directed to take the toddler out of the high chair. The mother did it entirely on her own.

Message 11 of 36 (2,125 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Toddlers being put in and out of high chair on certain action

Hero

On backlog list for retesting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 36 (2,093 Views)

Re: [RE-TEST] Toddlers being put in and out of high chair on certain actions

[ Edited ]
Hero

I still see a certain obsession with high chairs but not exactly what you're describing. For me it's more trying to put them in the high chair all the time whether they are hungry or not.

Mine also seem to have developed a new thing where they put the food on the table instead on the high chair ..

Tagging as needs input to see if others have something to say about the current status of this.

What I don't see is taking out and putting back in and I also can't repro the flash card issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 36 (2,079 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

The flash card issue is an old one, though, and I haven't really been seeing it anymore. Right now, the issue seems to be Sims unable to let their toddlers eat in peace.

Message 14 of 36 (2,063 Views)

Hero
Well, that's what your report says. Maybe you wanna change that then or make a new thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (2,055 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I've updated the first post and bug report form to reflect the current issue.

Message 16 of 36 (2,049 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers Taken Out of High Chair Before Food is Finished

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 36 (2,012 Views)

Sims 4 Toddler won’t stay in high chair

★★ Guide

Sims 4. I have the following packs: 

All expansions, vampires, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, dine out, parenthood, luxury party, bowling night, laundry day, toddler, perfect patio.

I don’t use CC or mods

I’m on Mac.

Has happened almost every time I try to feed my toddler in this save since I downloaded seasons. Haven’t tried on a new save.

Whenever I try to feed a toddler who is hungry in a high chair from a group meal (group meal is on a nearby counter, toddler is placed in high chair, I tell my adult sim to grab a serving for the toddler) before I can actually get the food to the toddler, the toddler queues actions to let her out, preventing the parent from feeding her. Even when the group meal is far enough away to cancel the “put down” action before the toddler is actually let out, another “put down” action is queued and my adult sim is just walking in circles. 

Message 18 of 36 (2,018 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Toddler won’t stay in high chair

Hero

HI @Jessycaz

I merged your thread with what I think is similar enough. There's a few high chair issues. TBH, I would just delete the thing and put the food on a counter where the toddlers can grab them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 36 (1,993 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Toddler won’t stay in high chair

★★★ Guide

Yeah, highchairs in general have proven to be really buggy, it seems.

Message 20 of 36 (1,979 Views)