by crinrict

Original Post

Highchair Autonomy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Cats and Dogs, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in a household with a toddler, put them in a highchair, proceed to pull your hair out as you scream in rage.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put a toddler in a high chair, if they are in a bad mood, angry, sad ect, or sometimes even when they're not. They will call an adult to put them down as soon as you set them down. I have my care giver sim put the toddler in the high chair and before they can even turn around to grab them food the toddler demands to be let down and all of the care givers other actions are nullified, I cannot force the sim to stop from taking the toddler down and resetting the sim to cancel the action resets them, and the toddler. This makes the highchair almost unusable. This happens with frustrating frequency and often several times in a row to the point where my sim might spend several sim hours putting the child in, taking them out, putting them in, taking them out over and over again, because every time I have them put them in the toddler automatically, autonomously, demands to be let out and this demand, for some reason, overrides all other actions.
What do you expect to see? I expect that even if the toddler has a tantrum in the high chair that they will not be let down until I tell the caregiver to put them down, especially in a game where autonomy is turned off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug happens in all households, in all neighborhoods, with or without mods.

Message 21 of 36 (2,206 Views)

Re: Highchair Autonomy

Hero

HI @Verdredi

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 36 (2,195 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict I guess thank you? But this thread is not the same as the problem that I am having so, it's not really helpful to have been put here.

Message 23 of 36 (2,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's so many issues with highchair autonomy and someone else described the same as you did (which I also moved in here, see page 2). Don't think we need more than one thread on highchair autonomy issues and we already have two.

And yes, the high chair has always been a big issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 36 (2,174 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Would any of you be willing to send us a save game where this issue is occurring? It is avoiding us! 

You can find instructions here.

Thank you very much!

Message 25 of 36 (2,104 Views)

Hero

Does anyone still have this issue in their games ?

@Lorraine-Simmer @Verdredi @Jessycaz @Hroun_88

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 36 (2,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'll just paste my post here from another post I made:

AI has decided to be overactive towards toddlers. They might stop everything just to go and let a toddler out of highchair just after (like couple of seconds ago!) I put them there to get food. The other sim puts the food in front of the toddler at the same time as the other lifts the hungry-as-*ell kid out. Or the kid already has the food in front of them and they leave hungry because an adult sim decides to lift them out.

Edit. Here's a link to the save files

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gpFl1rQfZ7Hx65hqE3M81DKDtyUetOPh?usp=sharing

Message 27 of 36 (1,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Toddlers will no longer be put down from the high chair before they’ve finished eating. Patience mama, they’re still learning.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

There's another High Chair issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Toddler-keeps-asking-food-too-often-and-in-high/m-... that's probably still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 36 (12,881 Views)

Re: Musical Highchairs

★★★ Newbie

not solved, still having this issue

Message 29 of 36 (1,899 Views)

Re: Musical Highchairs

Hero
@MADGENIUSDV Hm .. could you make a new thread for this one ? Think it would be good to have a fresh me too count to see how many people still counter this after the patch.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 36 (1,897 Views)