Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddlers (and children) can bathe toddlers at the sink

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs to date, up to and including Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child or toddler clean up a toddler on the sink.
What happens when the bug occurs? Child or toddler carries the toddler to the sink and stretches up and actually cleans the toddler a little.
What do you expect to see?  I wouldn't expect a toddler to have the option to wash up another toddler on a sink and given the child stretches when doing it, it seems like they aren't meant to be able to so either. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just noticed it, but I think it happened after the Nov 10, 2020 update that let us add rental lots to our residential worlds.

Here are some screenshots I took to illustrate it.  First series are a toddler washing another toddler at a sink (they could each bathe each other) and you can see how the toddler is quite stretched when it happens.  It does appear to clean the toddler a little bit, similar to when I had a teen using the same interaction (which I expect was a new interaction added to the game with the Nov 10 update in case a rental home didn't have a bath tub since you can't order a tub as rental supplies).

Child cleaning toddler at the sink (trying to use the kitchen sink resulted in a routing error, but she could do it at the bathroom sink):

She has a choice to clean up either toddler, the stretching isn't as obvious, but her feet are off the ground in the second and third picture: 

Note my last mod was the freelancer mod fix which I had removed before the Nov 10 game update.  Localthumbcache file was deleted and the game repaired multiple times afterwards. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (1,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers (and children) can bathe toddlers at the sink

Hero

We noticed we had added the option to Clean Up Toddler on kitchen and bathroom sinks for both Toddlers and Children by mistake, so we removed it for both age groups from the sink… but how would have they fit? Like… how? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,515 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers (and children) can bathe toddlers at the sink

Hero

We noticed we had added the option to Clean Up Toddler on kitchen and bathroom sinks for both Toddlers and Children by mistake, so we removed it for both age groups from the sink… but how would have they fit? Like… how? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,516 Views)