[FIXED] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

by konig1n

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work Parenthood Pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a toddler in the household. 2. Send the child to daycare for an extended period. 3. Check needs upon childs return from daycare.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my toddler returns from daycare, the needs are extremely low but no moodlets show that the childs needs are so low. When the moodlets did appear, my toddler was taken away from me straight away.
What do you expect to see? Needs met at daycare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened with both of my toddlers, but only one of them was taken away. No needs were met whilst at daycare and I had to work hard to get the needs back up to green.

Message 1 of 63 (13,265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Toddler’s Needs will now always be refilled while they’re at daycare.

Fixed in 1.52.100

Please use this if you still have issues with needs and toddlers while playing another lot (nanny/caretaker)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddler-Taken-Needs-Declined-While-playing-another...

Please use this if you still have issues with needs and toddlers while palying another lot (toddlers go to daycare): 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddler-needs-neglcted-by-at-daycare-Patch-1-58-63...

Use this for general fast need decay

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-Needs-Decreases-at-a-Rapid-Rate/m-p/84180...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 63 (11,314 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

EA Staff

Hi @konig1n

Do you think it would be possible to send us your save at the point that toddlers are at daycare? If you are willing, here are the instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, a screenshot of the toddler's needs when they return from daycare would also help.

Thank you very much!

Message 2 of 63 (13,069 Views)

★ Pro

For the first time ever since playing the Sims, I lost a toddler due to neglect because needs weren't met while the toddler was at daycare.

The first pic I've attached shows the needs the toddler had on the mom's return from work the day before being taken away.  The needs were this way even though the father was off work that day and should have been caring for the toddler.  At any rate, I worked to get them up as much as I could before going to work with her doctor mother the next day.  When she got home, all the toddler's needs were in the red even though she had been sent to daycare and I couldn't get anything up fast enough to prevent the toddler from being taken away, as shown in the second pic.  I didn't get a pic of all the needs being tanked since I was scrambling, trying to avoid removal from the home.

I exited the game without saving, rolled back to the prior save and had the mother take a vacation day to avoid a negative outcome.  I did pull the .save file that had ended with the toddler being removed from the save folder.  I moved it to a folder on the desktop and renamed it and then physically changed ver0 to .save to replay.  Since I don't save the game while I have a sim on an active career lot, the save I pulled shouldn't have the toddler already at daycare but should be able to be replayed to that point easily.  If you think that save would be helpful @SimGuruIcarus  lmk and I'll upload for you.

Message 3 of 63 (13,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @dolldrms1

Thank you for the detailed info and screenshot.

Yes, It would definitely help to have your save games.

Thank you again for your help!.

Message 4 of 63 (12,979 Views)

★ Pro

I have pm'd the One Drive link @SimGuruIcarus  The save is in a ,.rar named dolldrms1ToddlerNeglect.  I didn't include the current save versions because I have played on to where a roll back wouldn't help.  I gave up and aged the toddler to child.

Also wanted to let you know I found a thread in the bug forum in the Bugs & Gameplay issues which indicates toddlers were being neglected while at daycare for active career sims in the OP's game.  Link to thread in case you want to take a peek: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930962/please-fix-asperations-reward-potions-for-toddlers .  Although written in more of a feedback tone, the problem is stated in the OP.

Message 5 of 63 (12,966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
This happens to me sometimes when I leave my toddlers at home and take one of my Sims out for the day. At least one adult Sim remains home to supposedly care for the toddlers, but when I return to my home lot, the toddlers' needs are nearly all in red. There seems to be no way to care for toddlers while they are on the home lot and you are not.
Message 6 of 63 (12,929 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 63 (12,849 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I've been playing awhile and just put my latest legacy heir in the detective career. There are two other adults, and a teen at home to care for the toddler. None of them do.

She is fully green bars when i leave for work, they decline all day, and are completely bottomed out when I get home and in danger of being taken by social services. Even daycare isn't that horrible to the toddlers.

i only use the MCCC mod.

Dez
Message 8 of 63 (12,799 Views)

★ Apprentice
I've had this happen many times. sent parent home from work so child would come home. sometimes the need is still very low. other times child has been fed on route home. because there no longer starving. Now most times I don't bother with day care and have a parent look after the toddlers and babies.
Message 9 of 63 (12,724 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My Toddlers were not being cared for at daycare or when other sims in the house left.  I had 4 adults and 2 twins..well the 2 adults that weren't the babies' parents went on a date and the parents of the toddlers stayed home but when the other 2 returned from the date, The toddlers hunger, bladder, fun, and attention were down all the way and i was having warnings that my children were going to be taken away soon.

Message 10 of 63 (12,568 Views)