Daycare Neglects Toddlers

by Nindigo79

Original Post

Re: [XB1] Toddler stuck at home while status says she's at daycare

★★★★★ Novice

I have also had this problem a few times on Macbook Air (2017). It seems sporadic for me. I've noticed this in my larger, more robust neighborhoods.

Message 51 of 63 (2,245 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well.

I just got sims 4 for free last week and have played without mods or anything. Here is a save file, and the toddler is currently at daycare, starving. I also have a problem with the babysitter when Moder Gothel is at work, where he will sit and watch TV even when Rapunzel asks for him to feed her or bathe her. He will feed her and bathe her if she nags at him.

Here is the save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s5Nj2kNsMl_QdwvEQ2F44udlJtYZ4xVe/view?usp=sharing 

Message 52 of 63 (2,176 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me on console (PS4). This is my first time caring for a toddler and I have one parent who stays at home while my active sim runs their vet business. Realized the toddler's mood was falling and there was nothing I could do about it even with another sim at home. I'm worried my active sim won't be able to open her vet office until there are no toddlers in the household, which is absurd. Or even worse, my sim doing her job will result in her child being unfairly taken away. Why is this so hard to fix?

Message 53 of 63 (2,126 Views)
Highlighted

Daycare Neglects Toddlers

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All/everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a toddler be at daycare for a day or longer.
What happens when the bug occurs? All but a few needs are completely neglected.
What do you expect to see? I expect my toddler to be taken well care of, as that is what the message promises when they are sent to daycare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug is very burdensome. To avoid the kids getting taken away, I feel forced to use the Make Happy cheat as soon as my Sim returns home.

Message 54 of 63 (2,090 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Toddler’s Needs will now always be refilled while they’re at daycare.

Fixed in 1.52.100

Please use this if you still have issues with needs and toddlers while playing another lot (nanny/caretaker)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddler-Taken-Needs-Declined-While-playing-another...

Please use this if you still have issues with needs and toddlers while palying another lot (toddlers go to daycare): 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddler-needs-neglcted-by-at-daycare-Patch-1-58-63...

Use this for general fast need decay

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-Needs-Decreases-at-a-Rapid-Rate/m-p/84180...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 63 (11,315 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

★★ Guide

This is still happening in my game. It is actually worse than it was before.

Message 56 of 63 (2,023 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen On PC/Mac ? Any mods ? Could you try repairing the game through origin and test on a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 63 (2,018 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I’m playing on pc, no mods or cc, and it seemes to work after repairing the game.
Message 58 of 63 (2,007 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen That's good to hear.

Let me know if it comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 63 (1,987 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happens in my game too. I copied most answers from first post, as they are identical and added my own answers where needed. I will try this without MC Command center too and report if there is any change. Picture is taken right that second when they return home lot, mom from town and toddler from daycare. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Finnish
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Pet stuff and Fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a toddler in the household. 2. Send the child to daycare for an extended period. 3. Check needs upon childs return from daycare.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my toddler returns from daycare, the needs are extremely low but no moodlets show that the childs needs are so low. When the moodlets did appear, my toddler was taken away from me straight away.
What do you expect to see? Needs met at daycare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, MC command center, updated to this pack. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I'm not sure, because I hardly ever have toddlers in my game.

Message 60 of 63 (1,969 Views)