Re: Daycare is Killing my Toddlers and Babies

by Sygnus2112

Original Post

★★★ Guide
Also when I leave sims home and take one sim in the household to another lot, the sims at home do not take care of themselves. I have to keep clicking take care of needs. Either make the sims care for themselves or freeze their needs where they are until the sim I have at another lot returns home.
Message 21 of 63 (2,226 Views)

Hero

HI @troshalom 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 63 (2,215 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

here is a view of my sim, off lot with a uncared for toddler, she arrives home.... toddler appears happ but is still hungry.

in the last image you can see I have a butler and 2 nannies that come to my house every day, even when fired, its not shown but i can still click on the infants in the crib and sill have the option to hire a nanny

the nannies never leave, never sleep and make lots of food, 

the butler and nannies dont change the infants diapers, will not autonomously care for the toddlers... no diapers no bath no play unless a toddler asks or is directed to ask

the only thing the nannies actually do is talk to the children, and make them do their homework.... and never leave, and just sit around and wait hours to feed a infant

I know this hits on a lot of problems at once but wanted to show you what i see  

Message 23 of 63 (2,191 Views)

★ Guide

I thought it was just my sim having bad luck, but reading this, it seems like a bug. I have never needed to use the fullmotive cheat until after the latest patch. Suddenly the toddlers get sent to daycare even if there is a nanny present. And if I only take one adult out, all the remain sims stops taking care of themself and their children.

Message 24 of 63 (2,160 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have had the same problem. One of my sims was on vacation and the other was home with the children, both toddlers. The toddlers were not being taken care of and all their needs dropped down. The parent home was not taking care of the children for some reason. The same thing happens at daycare.

Message 25 of 63 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Guide

Not just daycare killing toddlers and babies, when one parent is home with the toddlers their needs are still not being attended to. 

EA needs to freeze their needs if the sim is just going to sit there and die.

Mind you all needs were in the high greens when my sim left the lot to meet her neighbors

Message 26 of 63 (2,063 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

How do bugs like this go 2+ years without being fixed? We spend hundreds on this game and the most minor stuff just sticks around. Just freeze the toddler's needs when they go to the daycare, or just fill them all the way. Either one is fine. It must be one heck of a difficult thing to add for it to take years to fix. Anyway, me-too'ing this on console.

Message 27 of 63 (2,054 Views)

★ Guide

Playing atm. When one of the parents are away to bars and clubs, the rest of the family (1 YA + 3 C) stops taking care of themself. So when the first parent return, they are red and/or blue bc their needs are red. Mostley the needs Energy, Fun, Social and Bladder, but when the children were toddlers, even Hygiene and Hunger were red and I got notice about that they might get taken away if not fed. So what I have to do is take them to my sims spot, use cheats and send them home again. They need to fix this bug. I don't want my kids to get taken away. I usually play a single parent but thought a partner would help with the issue, but nope. 

Another issue I've noticed is that the nanny pretty much ignore the toddlers sometimes. they come, cook a meal and then leave while the toddler is crying of hunger.

I was only supposed to have a toddler and a baby, but I've noticed that if a male sim is getting an alien pregnant, the sim will most likely get abducted and pregnant with an alien. Maybe its a jealous ex of the alien. lol. 

Message 28 of 63 (2,043 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I notice this happens across all ages - sims at home don't care for self very well when I'm playing another lot. If I click on the icon of a child or older sim, and tell them to care for self, their needs will immediately start filling, but they can get pretty low if I don't do this manually. Since I can't do this with the toddlers or infants, they just keep getting lower. Fortunately I haven't had any children taken away yet, but I've had some nearly starving toddlers more than once.

Message 29 of 63 (1,993 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think the sims have just become aware there is something helping them through life and just assume it is always watching. This is like a sims great depression... if ur not actively helping them they just give up on trying to do anything for themselves

Message 30 of 63 (1,984 Views)