Re: [OPEN] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

by troshalom

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

★★ Apprentice
it also messes up my skills for parenthood and everything that was green either goes back neutral or negative
Message 11 of 63 (3,527 Views)

★★ Guide

I know this is an old issue but I'm experiencing the same issue. Even when the toddler gets home their needs aren't being met. I have one of the parents as a doctor and I feel like I cannot go with her to work out of fear of losing my Toddler. His needs are never met while I'm gone with her even with his father doesn't work that day and is home.

Message 12 of 63 (3,423 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the extra report and checking after patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 63 (3,416 Views)

Daycare not taking care of needs

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? a lot why is there no check boxes here, i cant remember which ones i have with out going back a forth in and out of the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a baby or toddler with low needs and send it to daycare, no needs are met when they have returned
What happens when the bug occurs? baby/ toddler comes back from daycare hungry, dirty, tired .... what ever negative mood u sent them in
What do you expect to see? daycare actually do thier job and take care of children like they should with all needs met, except for energy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the lastest patch

there is another thread about this that is still open and i dont even see it on the compiled list of issues

Message 14 of 63 (3,326 Views)

★★ Apprentice
This has happened to be a lot recently.
1. I have had a toddler home sleeping with one parent, the other parent was in the city. I watched their needs go from mid to high green to bottom red in just a few game hours.

2. I sent dad to Selvadorada, leaving toddler home with mom. Dad was gone 24 hours and had to leave his vacation early because all needs were bottomed out except hunger. When he came home, not only was the toddler on the verge of being removed from the home, mom's needs were tanked - bladder, energy, and hunger were bottom red.

At this point, I can't let the toddlers go outside of my control. Daycare or leaving them at home, because they are not being care for, and other sims are not caring for themselves either. This is since Get Famous was released.
Message 15 of 63 (3,293 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My actor dad when I take him to work his stay at home wife who is lv 10 in parenting when I get home all the toddlers are in red in 4 or more needs.

This is new

Message 16 of 63 (3,272 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happens to me too. See the photos of my toddler's needs while my family was on vacation.

Message 17 of 63 (3,230 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've gotten to the point that I age up babies quickly and cheat toddler needs, since when I send them to daycare, even if they are in the green, they come home with needs in the red. I installed the parenting pack and the toddlers get skill increases in daycare, but thier needs are always tanked

Message 18 of 63 (3,214 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

★★★★★ Novice

I, too, just yesterday fell victim to this unreasonable system. I never used to cheat my toddler's needs, however, I've got an active celebrity. Mind you, he's the uncle and not the caretaker of his twin toddler nephews and their younger toddler sister. Recently, the parents had their fourth child, still an infant. Since the infants are basically objects, we can't cheat up their needs. But, I've learned to better ensure the care of my toddlers to cheat their needs all of the way up and the disable needs decay for the duration of the concert. Can't do that with the infant.

What happened to me yesterday, was, despite the mother changing the infant's diaper and feeding him prior to leaving for the uncle's concert, the child was in obvious distress upon return from Daycare. The uncle couldn't even get up the stairs fast enough to care for the baby when I got the pop-up that due to negligence, the infant was being whisked away. And that perhaps my Sims should consider getting a Gold fish, instead of trying for another baby. Angry That fast, the baby was gone in a * of smoke.

This is unacceptable. Either change the status of the infants to actual Sims, or FIX the DAYCARE and/or Nannies. Nannies are almost useless. Just so you'll know, I exited the game WITHOUT saving.

I'm very vexed by this problem. I can't even add a Sim to the household that's playable to care for the wee ones while the active Sim goes off, as there is no option to select for the Adult Sim left behind to care for them. Please, fix that, too.

Message 19 of 63 (3,138 Views)

Daycare is Killing my Toddlers and Babies

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except Get Famous, All GPs except Vampires, Toddler, Kids, Laundry, Movie, Fitness SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send toddler to daycare
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler sent to daycare and needs are not being met. If toddler is sent with needs all high greens they come back with most needs in the red. I have to cheat needs to avoid child being taken away, then child is up all night while parents sleep.
What do you expect to see? I expect the daycare to take care of ALL needs or be closed, fined, and the employees arrested for the abuse they are doing to my sim toddlers and babies
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Toddler's needs are not being met when they are sent to daycare. Babies come home irate. 

Message 20 of 63 (3,137 Views)