[FIXED] Toddler is experiencing male pattern baldness

by useh777

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Toddler is experiencing male pattern baldness

Hero
@Francoisf30 Could you please make a new thread for that adult hair style you're seeing this ?

Add pictures to your report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 21 (1,283 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@useh777 Get this on xbox too. Seems to affect some hair styles more than others.
Message 12 of 21 (1,196 Views)

Toddler Hair Bald Spot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, StrangerVille, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Moschino Stuff, and Backyard Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a toddler with the base game default hair #8. When their back is facing the camera, zoom out.
What happens when the bug occurs? A round bald patch appears at the hair part.
What do you expect to see? Hair covering the entirety of the toddler's head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Clearing the cache, repairing the game, starting a new file, and resetting the sim has no effect on this bug. 

*base game female default hair #8

Message 13 of 21 (1,264 Views)

Re: Toddler Hair Bald Spot

★★★★ Guide

I'm a PS4 user on the most recent update with just the base game, and this happens for me as well. The toddlers I originally saw this on have been adults for a while now so I don't have screenshots of them, but I did start a new game with some randomly created sims to get a few screenshots. The first image shows the hairstyle up close, appearing as it should. The second one shows the bald spot when you zoom out, and I tried to get as close to the level of zoom as possible where it starts to happen. Then with the third I wanted to try a closer look, so I got as close as I could with the Free Cam. I'm on console so obviously that means no mods, and as I said I started a new save to get the screenshots so it wasn't just an issue in the old save. I can't remember if I've used this hair before, though if I have I don't know if this issue was happening because it's something I've only recently noticed.

Message 14 of 21 (1,200 Views)

Toddler bald patch

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29.80.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, get together, get to work, jungle adventure, strangerville, parenthood, laundry day, spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a girl toddler, with the two buns hairstyle
What happens when the bug occurs? Bald patch on her head
What do you expect to see? Walking around and has an empty patch of hair (bald spot)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent update (I think)

Pic attached. 

Message 15 of 21 (1,161 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddler is experiencing male pattern baldness

★ Guide

LMAO that is one hilarious bug especially for toddler.

I haven't noticed it myself as my graphic settings are always maxed out.

So it might be tied to the graphic settings as other people have suggested.

Message 16 of 21 (1,100 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, got the same issue!

Message 17 of 21 (1,045 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] [DU] Bald spot on female hairstyle

★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper I have this same issue on my Mac for toddler hair styles
Message 18 of 21 (1,020 Views)

Hero
@SimmaDonna Moved your post over to the toddler hair thread.

Can you confirm that's the one you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 21 (1,002 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict It is. I'll check my graphics settings. Thanks
Message 20 of 21 (973 Views)