Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddler at home shown as in daycare

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave the household and play another household or travel with household members while leaving the toddler at home with a nanny. When returning sometimes toddlers show as in daycare.
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification will appear saying the toddler has returned from daycare. The toddler will be there but their icon in the character panel will be greyed out and when hovering over it says at daycare.
What do you expect to see? That the toddler is at home because they are. And the little duckie that you can click to send them to daycare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

2017-12-03 14_49_02-.jpg

I've had this happen off and on for as long as I can remember.  It's not a recent bug.  This is the first time that for several play sessions she showed as at daycare.

Workaround: One of the family members traveled to the park with her and I clicked send home on her from there.  After returning the entire family to a lot together it no longer said at daycare.  I play in a rotation and when I entered the next house the toddler also said at daycare when I arrived.  I did the same workaround and it did work.  This has happened without mods since I wasn't using any when I first started playing the Delgato family.

Message 18 of 31 (15,014 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Toddler at home shown as in daycare

Hero

• Toddler’s portraits will no longer be grayed out and said to be “At Daycare” after an adult returns home.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 31 (14,344 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Toddler showing in daycare when home

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

My Sim was on a lot, the toddler went to daycare. I decided to bring him to the lot. He came to the lot but the game still says he is in daycare.

*No CC/Mods (Ever)

photo_2017-01-17_11-52-32.jpg

Message 1 of 31 (16,207 Views)

Re: The toddler is in the lot, but the game says he's in daycare.

★★★ Apprentice

Here too the same problem happened

Message 2 of 31 (16,186 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddler showing in daycare when home

★ Guide

I've had this happen too but generally the toddler 'arrives' home correctly after a few minutes (rl) of game play. My toddler remains fully directable even though his icon remains greyed out and states that he is at daycare.

Message 3 of 31 (16,154 Views)

Re: Toddler showing in daycare when home

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (16,116 Views)

In the work or children´s sevice but in house

★★★★★ Expert

i dont have mod or cc but It happens to me:

my sims go to other place and send infants to children´s service, muy sims return to the house, the infants is in the house but miniature is gray and the game tell me, they stay on service children but i see slepping, run, eat in the house

same problem whit the work, the game tell me in the work but the sims is in the house

temporaly solution: go to some place with the sims with this problem and return to the house

Message 5 of 31 (15,994 Views)

Re: In the work or children´s sevice but in house

EA app Team

Hi @AerisValentineHV,

I've merged your post to an existing thread about this topic. Thanks for your report!

-Mai

Message 6 of 31 (15,987 Views)

Re: In the work or children´s sevice but in house

★★★★ Novice

I was playing with this house with toddler twins. After some problems with the high chairs I exited without saving.

I try to enter the game and I see that the father is greyed out, I found out the guy is at some park in another neighbourhood! But I never put him there!! So I go there and have him return home. When he returns to the house, both toddlers are greyed out "at daycare" even though they were both with their mother. That's not how I left them the last time I saved them.

The kids are starving, but the options to ask for food is greyed out, I cannot feed them because the sims have the option greyed out, and so does the fridge. I had to make my sim take out a plate of food an put it on the floor for the kids to eat.

The toddlers continue to do things, level up in skills but they are still greyed out at "daycare". I continued to play for a while I tried resetting the toddlers both ways and it didn't work. The kids only came back for daycare when I put the parents to bed.

BTW I turned auto age off and free will.

Message 7 of 31 (15,870 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler showing in daycare when home

★★★ Newbie
This happened to me! Then I made one of the parents travel to a different lot then when I came back my kids were no longer at daycare!
Message 8 of 31 (15,780 Views)

Toddler Stays in Highchair Eating, Supposed to be at Daycare

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had my toddler's mother give her some food, but had to leave for work before Jemma (the toddler) could finish eating. It prompted me a box with two options: send Jemma to Daycare or hire a Nanny. I chose to send her to Daycare. It told me that she had been sent to Daycare, but she was still eating. After eating, she just sat there. Despite her icon on the bottom being grayed out and it saying that she was at Daycare, she was stuck in her highchair. 

UPDATE: After Jemma balled her eyes out from being stuck in the highchair, she vanished and went to Daycare.

Message 9 of 31 (15,762 Views)