[FIXED] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

by BansheeHVO

Original Post

Re: Can't click on any items.

Hero
@thekrazch I'm guessing you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hover...

Just let me know if the computer is the cause or if it also happens when you don't click on the computer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 124 (1,149 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It seems to be the computer causing it, the game works perfectly fine when I do not interact with the in-game computer.

Message 22 of 124 (1,141 Views)

Hero
@thekrazch Merged your thread then.

Could you make sure to click that me too button on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 124 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Same here. For now, it happened for me in Evergreen Harbor and Police Station. I waited for approximately 3 minutes irl. Everything was frozen :/ I am playing on a Mac.

Message 24 of 124 (1,065 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★ Apprentice

Same happening here: I try to interact with the computer and the simulation freezes for about one to two minutes. The lag just happens when clicking on the computer (any computer in any lot), and after it defreezes,t game continue normally. It only happen with my saved games from before the latest update. If I start a totally new game there is no problem with the computers.

Message 25 of 124 (1,284 Views)

Re: When I click or hover over a laptop/computer in the game, the game time paus

@h0eriot

Merged your post into this bug report on the issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 26 of 124 (1,279 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★★★ Novice

I’m so glad it’s not just me!! I really don’t want to start a new game😫

Message 27 of 124 (1,247 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★ Guide

My Sims live in Evergreen Harbor, and I experience the same problem with the Household pc's since the patch/new expansion. I have noticed, my CPU is spiking (up and around 100 % usage) when I have interacted with Sims pc's too, anybody noticed same problem? - Could be the reason for the Game to freeze/ be unresponsive.

Message 28 of 124 (1,212 Views)

Eco life style crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% confirmed
What is your current game version number? Newest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a laptop out of the inventory and put it down
What happens when the bug occurs? The time freezes and it everyone stops moving. Then the game crashes
What do you expect to see? I expect the time to continue and players to keep moving
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

eco life crashes often when I take the laptop out of the inventory!

Message 29 of 124 (1,069 Views)

Re: Eco life style crashes

Hero
@BasedChild Does the same happen if you click on another computer ? Like a desktop computer ?

It sounds a bit like this happening on PC/Mac: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hover...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 124 (1,051 Views)