[FIXED] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

by BansheeHVO

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★ Apprentice
@Compulsivian what about your saved games from before the update. Is it also worse than new ones?
Message 31 of 124 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Since either the last patch and/or eco lifestyle (downloaded both at the same time), my game has been having very weird freezes.
The environment (leaves in the air, cars on the road etc) continues but my sims and everything else does not. The clock stops  (we're talking average of 15-20 minutes REALTIME and sometimes more) whilst my sims either jiggle about on the spot or continue interacting, frozen, with whatever it is that they are doing at the time. Nothing can be clicked on but relationship bar still shows if you hover over a sim and the plumbob continues to spin as normal.
Eventually times jumps forward suddenly to however many hours it thinks has passed, before opening up any menu for the last item clicked on, however long ago that was. It then freezes again, in the same style as previously described for another long period of time, before jumping back in time to whatever time it was when this whole sequence started.
I did catch a video of this whole thing from start to finish, but the file is way too large to be uploaded her - even after compression it is over 90000K
My game has become unplayable, please help!!

Message 32 of 124 (969 Views)

Re: Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★ Novice
I’m on PS4! And im having the same problem.
Message 33 of 124 (937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too only since today when I signed in and started playing after downloading eco lifestyle. Also, after the fixed June 2020 update the game was working fine again and I have all the free new content from the update installed and appearing in the game except for my sims are peeing fire each time but I am not too bothered about that, although it was not happening before the June 2020 update.

More on the issue: As soon as I started playing the game, time started to freeze and I am unable to switch between the controls of other sims or interact with anything or use any objects. This happens after loading the save within the first 2 minutes of playing, my current household im playing with is in Sulani.

I also noticed that If I attempt to save the game it just stays loading the saving sign and stays there so I have had to force shut down the game overall.

What I have tried to do so far: I have so far tried to repair the game overall on Origin and cleared Origin cache then restarted my pc and loaded Origin and The Sims 4 again as well as my household from Sulani, this save is my most recent one and the one I have played most with. I have so far been playing for 15 minutes in real time and all was going well, so then I decided to try and click on the computer on the lot and it instantly froze the game once again.

Message 34 of 124 (890 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on a Mac and have the same problem. When I put my cursor over the computer, I don't even get the gear icon that let's you know the item can be interacted with. Then if I click the computer, everything freezes for several minutes before the computer menu of options finally pops up. I can hear my IRL computer fan working harder as I wait. And I have to wait. Nothing else can be done until the computer options load. Once it loads, the Sim can actually use the computer without a problem, it's just a long lag for the menu to load while nothing else is lagging. 

Message 35 of 124 (933 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happens to  me too. Only started after I downloaded eco living / the new patch. My sims can interact with the computer by themselves, but if I click on it the game freezes. I use CC and mods, but I don't think that's effecting it since other people are having the same issue.

Message 36 of 124 (895 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Happening on my Mac
Message 37 of 124 (996 Views)

★ Apprentice
@slyytherinn I can verify this, I'm not using CCs and don't have any mods installed at all
Message 38 of 124 (986 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can confirm that this problem happens on PS4 100% of the time now

Message 39 of 124 (975 Views)

Re: Eco life style crashes

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict YUP!!!!
Message 40 of 124 (889 Views)