Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

by BasedChild

Original Post

★★ Guide

Lots of lag on PS4. The game needs an update to make it more stable.

Message 91 of 124 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@AeonKor I agree with you, I shouldn't have to rely on in clearing my household inventory as a way out of this bug. However, in the meantime, just to play the game, it's a workaround from all the crashing..
Message 92 of 124 (1,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@nianderThat explains alot actually.. after spending an hour pressing the sell button and clearing out my inventory I could hover over the pc without it crashing but, still lags quite a bit.. will have to try removing the gnomes next time and see if that helps

Message 93 of 124 (1,943 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I thought I was the only one having this problem! 

It is bad for me because my sims require to use the computer a lot since he is a writer.

It is so frustrating to wait a couple of mins for the game to unfreeze before I can use it.

Message 94 of 124 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is still an issue despite the last patch. I haven't played the save since the update on 3rd. Just tried to play it and had to wait over a minute for computer options to appear. 

Message 95 of 124 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@lavitzodin Same thing for university students! All of the interactions around term papers (write, continue writing, edit, submit) take 10 seconds at least before the menu option comes up.
Message 96 of 124 (1,799 Views)

Re: Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★ Novice

I’m on console (ps4)

Message 97 of 124 (1,744 Views)

Time Freezes after installing Eco Lifestyle

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on an in-game computer
What happens when the bug occurs? After installing Eco Lifestyle every time I click on an in-game computer to use it the time freezes, jumps forward, then jumps back to the time in which it first froze. For example, if I click on a laptop at 3:22 the clock will freeze for a few seconds, jump to 3:42 or so, and then jump back to 3:22 and continue on. I've tried cleaning out my Sims 4 folder and repaired the game via Origin twice, nothing has worked. Any little bug I've had with the game has been easily fixed by cleaning out the folder and repairing the game but this one is different
What do you expect to see? I expect to click on a computer and have my sims use it without the game freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Buying Eco Lifestyle

The time in my game keeps freezing every time I click on a computer after installing Eco Lifestyle, then the time jumps forward a few minutes, then jumps back

Message 98 of 124 (1,737 Views)

★★★ Novice
@karenh3a Same here, my sim is in university and she can't get anything done. I'm patiently waiting for the next patch hoping it fixes this issue.
Message 99 of 124 (1,648 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just started the game to see how it was, it is still a bit laggy not as bad as it was a month ago but still enough for me to not play the game until it is fixed Frown It's been a month now, one could think that they should have fixed it by now, but alas.

Message 100 of 124 (1,577 Views)