Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★ Novice

HelIo,

Have the same problem:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? clicking on a computer or laptop
What happens when the bug occurs? time freezes, I can not select new actions, but can save the game and into build and buy mode and it takes up to 1 minute to open the menu for PC actions
What do you expect to see? opening the menu immediately or within seconds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not right now. I had CC before the last patch, but removed it before the patch.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After downloading eco living and the first hotfix. (continues after the second hotfix)

It happens in all saves and families, but it seems to be worse in the save I play the most. (means more time has passed till the menu opens)

Happens with every computer.

I upload config.log with this answer

greetings Maria

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 61 of 124 (1,412 Views)

Clicking on a computer freezes the game

★★ Novice

When I hover over any computer on any lot, no options come up.  When I then click on a computer, the game freezes. The sims and time freezes, and only background animations seems to carry on (e.g. car going by, music from speaker). 

I installed Eco Lifestyle and the game updated with the new June 2020 patch at the same time and this issue then started. I did have mods, but removed all and the issue has carried on. I tried repairing the game, nothing happened. I have a lot of packs so would like to avoid reinstalling, if at all possible.

Message 62 of 124 (1,419 Views)

@bhorrell  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too on the first post and add any other info you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 124 (1,408 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!
Message 64 of 124 (1,395 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Crashing on consoles

★★★ Apprentice
@bruceleroy98 I empathize with you because I feel the same way.. #Xboxoneuser
Message 65 of 124 (1,363 Views)

Re: Eco life style crashes

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes 👍
Message 66 of 124 (1,353 Views)

Re: Crashing on consoles

★★★★★ Novice
@bruceleroy98
Mee too.... It's not possible to play Sims 4 anymore on PS4 after the last updates and/or the ECO package.

EA and Maxis: When can we expect a fix?

Thanks in advance!
Message 67 of 124 (1,350 Views)

Sims 4 crashes when interacting with a computer!

★★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region Other
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In game mode
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.06.2020 9:00pm
Summarize your bug Sims 4 game crashes every time I click on a computer. The controls stop working and can not click on anything. The game then crashes.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Computer interaction with sims
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to use a computer on the sims the interaction doesn’t work then the controls for the whole game stops working, then the game crashes every time.
What should be happening instead? Being able to select options on the computer.

The sims 4 on the PlayStation 4 you can’t click on the computer to bring up the options. Then the controls for the whole game stop working and you can’t click anything. Then the game crashes and brings up an error message. It happens every single time and I need the computer to order plasma packs and for university work. 

without it you can’t play half the game does anyone else know what to do for this? Thank you 

Message 68 of 124 (1,186 Views)

★★★ Novice
@BansheeHVO Same exact thing happens to me!!!!!!! No mods or cc. Exact time and movement freezing thing as described! Happened after the most recent major update at the beginning of June.
Message 69 of 124 (1,239 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

!! Look! 

I tried several different saves, I restarted my pc, updated my drivers, repaired the game - all to no avail. 

Eventually, I left that game alone (to wait for a fix) and started a new one. 

That second patch really screwed things up for quite a few people, it seems.

Message 70 of 124 (1,201 Views)