Re: [Read First][Current Issue] Game Save crash after June 3 Update

by HicksFamily6ix

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper I'm not seeing an error code, but I can play just fine until I select a computer for my Sim to use... Then it locks up and crashes...
Message 11 of 124 (1,654 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★★ Apprentice

I tried to click on the computer and my whole game freezes and I can't get my sims to get on the computer, so I am having the same issue as everyone else is, this is a bug that has happened in the June Patch.

Message 12 of 124 (1,629 Views)

Re: Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing in Sulani as well. I tried seeing if it was just a certain lot that caused this issue and still no matter what lot or area you take your sims and get on the computer the whole game freezes. This must of happened in the June patch along with when we had that issue where no one could access there saved files and the whole game would crash and would of caused the game to be glitched out or cause bugs. 

Message 13 of 124 (1,655 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★ Novice

I’m having the same issue. Currently playing in San Myshuno. Just updated my game and downloaded Eco Lifestyle. My Sims are able to do everything fine including interacting with other electronics. But, when they try to interact with the computer, time freezes when I click on it. For minutes at a time and I can’t click to another player. I quit and repaired my game and still having the issue. 

Message 14 of 124 (1,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HicksFamily6ix  Does the computer crash happen in a new game or in a different household? Which computer is it?

Message 15 of 124 (1,632 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper here's what happened: I wanted to order some Eco parts to upgrade the TV in my Sims' basement bar. So did a cursor jump upstairs to go to a computer. I clicked on the computer to open up the order menu, but nothing happened. I tried to change to another Sim family member, but nothing happened still, then the screen goes black and a second or two later comes back up to the XBOX home screen...
Message 16 of 124 (1,613 Views)

★ Guide
@HicksFamily6ix This is the exact issue that's been happening on my console too! Any interaction with the devices or computer it instantly crashes.
There was an update on my console yesterday however I've not managed to get the time to test the game to see if the issue has been fixed or not.
Hopefully there is some progress with this but it seems very unlikely as I've seen several posts again with more users reporting the same problem... What I found to help was to make a new save on the game the delete the previous save where the issues originally began.
Hopefully this will allow you to play longer as it doesn't resolve it fully and it will more than likely crash again after being in the selected location after a short while.

EA need to acknowledge this and take action it's gone on for way to long now. Gone beyond a joke the first reports have been pretty much reported a year ago now.
Message 17 of 124 (1,600 Views)

Can't click on any items.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea, since I do not know what is causing it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not do anything.
What do you expect to see? Being able to click and use items in my house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I got the eco pack today and installed it, all of a sudden I can not click on any items in my house. I tell my sim to go to the computer and the options for what to do on the computer doesn't show. It is the same for EVERY item in the household. The time controls does not work either, I click on pause or and nothing happens although the pause button is colored red as if it is used.

Anyone got an idea of what to do? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my computer and repairing the game. I also tried changing the font size to 125% but nothing has worked.

Message 18 of 124 (1,676 Views)

Re: Can't click on any items.

Hero

Hi @thekrazch 

there's seems to be an issue with the ingame computer.

Can you try closing your game and restarting and then not click on the computer. Do the other objects then work again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 124 (1,659 Views)

Re: Can't click on any items.

★★★★★ Novice

Yes! I can! So I just have to stay away from the computer?

Message 20 of 124 (1,652 Views)