Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit Newcrest. Try to hover your cursor over the computer. I thought it was just me, but I've found others who are experiencing the same thing. I would upload my save, but I can't, apparently.
What happens when the bug occurs? Time freezes. You will be unable to switch control over to another Sim. All movement of all Sims present also stops. However, you can access settings and (most likely) build mode. You won't, however, be able to delete the computer, desk or any other object on the lot whilst in build mode.
What do you expect to see? Typical computer use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last night's official patch!

I'd really appreciate some help. Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 124 (8,262 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We think this issue may be fixed on today's patch (1.64.84).  If anyone is still seeing it (without mods) after updating the game, please let us know.  Save files may also be helpful. 

(Instructions on how to send saves are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 112 of 124 (5,694 Views)

All Replies

Re: Time Freezes When Any Computer on any Lot is Hovered Over

★★ Novice

I had a broken computer (blue screen) and sent my Sims to fix it. My whole froze. I restarted my IRL computer and relaunched. It did it again. I sold the in-game broken computer and bought a new one, and trying to do anything on it super lags my game for IRL 2 minutes.

Message 2 of 124 (8,169 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kathmhughes Oh? None of the computers my Sims used were broken, but I've heard from other Simmers, and they're experiencing similar issues with their Sims' computers.
Message 3 of 124 (8,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. I just downloaded Eco Lifestyle. When I click on a computer my Sims freeze. Issue on all lots. I do not have any mods or custom content in my gameplay. 

Message 4 of 124 (8,157 Views)

Hero
@BansheeHVO So far, there's been this report that could be related: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Computer-pie-menu-takes-a-long-time-to-come-up/m-p...

It's not a complete freeze there but still not as it should be.

Do you only experience it in newcrest ?

To upload your save you have two possibilities

- Create a .rar file and upload here (save needs to be < 20 MB)
- Upload to google or one drive and PM me the link

Would be indeed interesting to have your save.

Maybe it depends on computer specs if it freezes or lags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 124 (8,104 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi. Thanks for your response.

No, it's an issue on every lot with every computer. I had a sim take her dog to the vet for the first time and had her try a computer there. Time froze again, as did all sim activity. 

I sent over my save to a couple of people and they had the same issue. 

Will send over my save within the hour. Just have to get home. 

Standard smile

Message 6 of 124 (8,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, but I'm playing in Sulani.

Edit: Everything works but I have to wait after for computer menu to pop up. If I do anything other than wait (even click again on computer), time will freeze and I will not be able to do anything.

Message 7 of 124 (8,063 Views)

Hero
@mrsbunny1003 It could be related to the other issue I linked but keeping separate

Is everyone here on PC or do we have Mac and even console in the mix ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 124 (8,039 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict PC.
Message 9 of 124 (8,027 Views)

When I click or hover over a laptop/computer in the game, the game time pauses??

★★★★★ Novice

When I click or hover over a computer in my game on any lot, the sims time freezer and I cannot click on anything in the game, no sims or objects? 

Can anyone help please?

Message 10 of 124 (7,921 Views)