[FIXED] Time Control doesn't work properly in Cinematic Camera Mode (TAB)

by kaeyresky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Time Control doesn't work properly in Cinematic Camera Mode (TAB)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except My First Pet Stuff and Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Load into a household 2. Enter Cinematic Camera Mode (Press Tab) 3. Try pausing, unpausing, or speeding up the game with the 0, 1, 2, and 3 keys.
What happens when the bug occurs? Time cannot be controlled while in Cinematic Camera Mode.
What do you expect to see? We should be able to control time with the keyboard while in Cinematic Camera Mode, as we have always been able to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December 18th Patch.

since the December 18th patch:

We can no longer control time while in cinematic camera mode

Message 1 of 33 (4,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Time Control doesn't work properly in Cinematic Camera Mode

Hero

• You should now be able to once again, use speed controls when in cinematic camera (aka tab camera).

Fixed in Patch 1.48.94

Bit mean ... didn't even have time to add this to my compiled list. 

HAPPY HOLIDAY and THANK YOU Gurus

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 33 (3,662 Views)

All Replies

Re: Time Control doesn't work properly in Cinematic Camera Mode.

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm having this issue in the standard camera mode. The keybinds for time control don't work at all in live mode.

PS: Q and E are still working for me in cinematic mode to raise/lower the camera.
Message 2 of 33 (4,246 Views)

Re: Time Control doesn't work properly in Cinematic Camera Mode.

★ Apprentice

yeah I just edited that part out. I was confusing the controls for this game with another's (derp)

I still can't control the time in cinematic mode, though. I can control it outside of cinematic mode though

Message 3 of 33 (4,239 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Time Control doesn't work properly in Cinematic Camera Mode

★ Novice
I'm having this same problem. When in cinematic camera mode the 0, 1, 2, 3 keys to control time don't work. This is basically preventing me from recording scene in The Sims 4 for doing machinima and animations. I hope that this will be picked up and fixed soon because this is really a showstopper for me.
Message 4 of 33 (4,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I can't control my time with 0 1 2 3 in any game mode. I delete all my CC and mods and it still doesn't work. I try to keep playing by just clicking the speed and pause with my mouse but it really makes the experience not good. I don't even want to play because of it. Also it just started yesterday after updating my game.

Message 5 of 33 (4,107 Views)

Hero

@sorbyy wrote:

I can't control my time with 0 1 2 3 in any game mode. I delete all my CC and mods and it still doesn't work. I try to keep playing by just clicking the speed and pause with my mouse but it really makes the experience not good. I don't even want to play because of it. Also it just started yesterday after updating my game.

Are you sure you remove the UI cheat extension mod ? That is known to cause that issue. You might need to delete your localthumbcache file as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (4,101 Views)

Champion

@sorbyy wrote:

Also, if you're using the 0 1 2 3 keys on a numpad, make sure num lock is ON.

Message 7 of 33 (4,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue! I thought it was just me, this makes the game totally unplayable for me. I use this mainly for story telling. Frown I've tried everything from doing a factory reset, to repairing, took out all mods. And nothing. I hope they fix this soon or find out some way to get around it.
Message 8 of 33 (4,041 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am having same issue only mod I use is mcc

Message 9 of 33 (4,013 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I am having the same problem. I have tested it with both the keyboard numbers and the keypad. Verified the numlock is on. 0-1-2-3 keys are not active while in Cinematic Camera mode (tab) and this is definitely causing issues with storytelling.
Message 10 of 33 (4,010 Views)