Re: Terrain paint still not working despite updates and removal of mods

by MercilessAngels

Original Post

Re: Terrain Paint not Working still

Hero

Hi @The_MarshMelo

I think the team is looking into fixing this.

For the moment, no, there's nothing you can do but you can be patient and wait for it to be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 58 (1,904 Views)

Re: Terrain Paint Disappearing

★★ Novice

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I have this problem now. It occurs randomly and in different''cities'', and only some of the paint disappears. Was there any solution to this? 

Message 32 of 58 (1,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's still happening for integrated chips. I'll move your post over to the current thread later.

Moved to current thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 58 (1,880 Views)

Terrain paint still not working despite updates and removal of mods

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. GP: Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. SP: My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to apply terrain paint
What happens when the bug occurs? Any and all terrain paints used in lots will be removed. Any attempt to paint, eg. footpath, will not appear. Also there is no noise when using the tool - the cursor will indicate that there it is (should) be working but there is no sound whatsoever.
What do you expect to see? Terrain paints to work as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that introduced terrain tool around OctoberI s

As mentioned in the title and report, the terrain paints won't work ever since the terrain tool update. I've removed mods, repaired the game countless times, have it fully updated, started a brand new game, and spent the last three days uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game. I contacted a live chat support about this issue on Monday and they recommended that I uninstall/reinstall. I also have laptop mode on as a recommendation from the patch notes that was released to fix this exact problem for everyone. Plus every DLC to date.

I've tried everything that I can possibly think of. I seem to be the only/one of the few people still having this issue months later. I haven't made any updates to my laptop which I've had for over a year. It's a gaming laptop but it does the job just fine. I'm at my wits' end.

Any help would be greatly and sincerely appreciated. 

Message 34 of 58 (1,674 Views)

Hero

Hi @MercilessAngels 

it is still an issue for integrated graphics chips. Do you have one of those ?

I merged your post with current report.

You should turn laptop mode off not on for it to work. Did you also try that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 58 (1,669 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I do have an integrated graphics card and I just turned off laptop mode; solved it instantly! Can't believe one small tick was giving me so much grief for so many months. 

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. Luckily the paints were never removed, just hidden. Now it can be business as usual - and just in time too for StrangerVille!! :D Thanks again!!

Message 36 of 58 (1,664 Views)

Hero

HI @MercilessAngels 

glad that solved your issue.

You might see some performance dents with laptop mode off. Just FYI

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 58 (1,660 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening for me. I have tried restarting the computer and game a couple of times and the terrain paint either disappears or my grass turns to stone or dirt. It is getting really frustrating. 

Message 38 of 58 (1,606 Views)

Hero

Hi @GoTheLimitSky16 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 58 (1,597 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to fix it- not sure how... I think it was a couple things - I forgot to do the bb.moveobjects before entering back into the house and I also needed an update on my graphics. 

Thank you for the quick response though!

Message 40 of 58 (1,547 Views)