Re: [TO ADD] Terrain Paint not working integrated graphics chips

by TayoGray

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I am also still having issues with this bug and i'm sure its also due to having outdated drivers however, as I said in the previous thread addressing this issue I am running on an aging laptop and as such my graphics chip is no longer supported by the manufacture and is unable to update any further.

Message 11 of 58 (1,247 Views)

Re: Terrain paint disappeared AND not working after the November patch

★★★★ Novice

I tried to update my drivers, and my computer just cannot handle it.  So I don't know if the driver or just a weird glitch in the game is the problem, but I'll just have to live without terrain paint for the game until something is figured out.  

Message 12 of 58 (1,231 Views)

Hero

@TayoGray wrote:

I am also still having issues with this bug and i'm sure its also due to having outdated drivers however, as I said in the previous thread addressing this issue I am running on an aging laptop and as such my graphics chip is no longer supported by the manufacture and is unable to update any further.

Did you post your specs in the other thread ?

If not, could you please add them here.

It does seem to be still an issue for Intel Chips though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 58 (1,225 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I did not, however I did some digging through AMD's website (the maker of my chip) and was able to find a driver update for legacy chips that had to be installed manually from the site. 

Thankfully my chip was supported in that update and after installing it I was able to see terrain paints again.

Thank you for all the help.  

Message 14 of 58 (1,218 Views)

Hero
Happy to hear that :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 58 (1,215 Views)

Re: Terrain paint disappeared AND not working after the November patch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I havent played my game in a few months. So today i got some updates.  Now have the new terrain tool but my paint tool isnt working either.  I have updated my graphics drivers and tried laptop mode on and off, ive checked older saved games and all paint has disappeared.  I have AMD Radeon HD 8610G and AMD Radeon 8670M.  My laptop can handle these things so whats going on?  I have a Pavilion, only a few years old.  No CC/Mods I have Get to work is all.  Ive done a repair and that hasnt helped either.  If we have had a patch to fix this issue with laptops why isnt it working.?

Message 16 of 58 (1,136 Views)

Paint Tool Still ISNT working!

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020 Says its up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Ge to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use paint tool
What happens when the bug occurs? Paint tool not working, can see the brush, no sound no paint. I have updated my drivers and laptop mode on or off, doesnt work. All previously saved games the paint has disappeared.
What do you expect to see? Paint
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I havent played my game in a few months. So today i got some updates.  Now have the new terrain tool but my paint tool isnt working either.  I have updated my graphics drivers and tried laptop mode on and off, ive checked older saved games and all paint has disappeared.  I have AMD Radeon HD 8610G and AMD Radeon 8670M.  My laptop can handle these things so whats going on?  I have a Pavilion, only a few years old.  No CC/Mods I have Get to work is all.  Ive done a repair and that hasnt helped either.  If we have had a patch to fix this issue with laptops why isnt it working.?

Message 17 of 58 (1,123 Views)

Re: Paint Tool Still ISNT working!

Hero

Hi @Twinkle1974

merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 58 (1,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thank you for merging my post, but i have already read these.  My post was more to let EA know that the fix didnt work or didnt work for some.  I have a very good laptop which i play other games on like Skyrim and Fallout so i know it can handle gaming.  My drivers as also up to date so i believe this is a bug their end.  Does this thread mean they see it and will hopefully look for another solution to fix it?  

Message 19 of 58 (1,096 Views)

Hero
They are aware of this thread, yes.

All the info you put in here is helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 58 (1,093 Views)