Re: Terrain paint disappeared AND not working after the November patch

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Terrain Paint Disappearing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @livdavison_ @shatoradragon

merged your post with the current thread on the issue. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 69 (5,601 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Terrain Paint & Applying Sound Not Working After latest Game Pa

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

In laptop mode, my paint isn't showing up at all. Paint that i put there like 3 years ago and never had any problem with just disappeared without a trace. I checked and it all works fine when  I turn off laptop mode.
Please fix it so I can turn on laptop mode again...

Message 62 of 69 (5,556 Views)

Terrain paint disappeared AND not working after the November patch

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Mac 1.47.49.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs and GPs but the Get Famous and Parenthood one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using the Terrain Paint tool with any terrain patterns and also note that all of the previously applied terrain paints are gone from the household lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Terrain paint is not working after the latest patch (November 13th). Already applied terrain paints also were completely removed from my lot after the patch was installed.
What do you expect to see? Terrain paint working!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the latest November 13th game patch/update.

Terrain paint is not working after the latest patch (November 13th). Already applied terrain paints also were completely removed from my lot after the patch was installed. To reproduce, try using the Terrain Paint tool - apply paint with any terrain patterns - and also note that all of the previously applied terrain paints are gone from the household lot after the latest patch was installed.

Message 63 of 69 (5,495 Views)

Hero

HI @xobrainiac

merged your post with existing thread.

Do you have laptop mode on or off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 69 (5,480 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Terrain Paints & Laptops:
While in laptop mode the terrain paints will now display. They were just being a little shy and hiding from sight. We’ve worked with them on their confidence and offered them a cookie. It was enough to get them out from under the table and back into your game. Finicky little things. But they’re good paints.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.51

I know some people had slightly different issues and I don't know if this fix applies to them (including sound).

If you still have issues, please create a new thread (if the sound bug isn't fix, make a new thread for that too)

It seems it's still not working for integrated chips. Use this thread to post if you have a integrated graphics chip: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Terrain-Paint-not-working-integrated-graphics-chips/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 69 (13,059 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Terrain Paint not Working After latest Game Patch

★★★ Newbie

Its still doesn't work for me unless I turn off laptop mode... Is it something on my end? 
I don't use mods, I have all the expansion packs, Game packs I have are: Parenthood and Outdoor Retreat... Stuff Packs: Backyard Stuff, Toddler stuff, and Luxury Party..

Message 66 of 69 (4,643 Views)

Hero

Hi @Bizzymac1989

do you have an integrated graphics chip ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 67 of 69 (4,626 Views)

★ Novice

Turning off laptop Mode fixes the issue!

Although beware spamming the paint tool while you can't see it! When I relaunched my game after turning off Laptop Mode my lawn was a giant mess! 

Message 68 of 69 (4,241 Views)

Hero
Locking this thread.

Post here if you still have issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Terrain-Paint-not-working-integrated-graphics-chips/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 69 (4,064 Views)