Re: Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

by jeeperscat

Original Post

Terrain paint tool not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except vampires, first pet stuff, jungle adventure, fitness stuff, glamour vintage stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Goto build mode and find terrain paint
What happens when the bug occurs? Terrain paint tool won’t paint grass, rocks, dirt or sand. The paint has also disappeared from my other lots
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the terrain tools working appropriately
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest terrain tool and first person mode November 2018 update

What is your current game version number? I don’t know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except vampires, my first pet stuff, fitness stuff,vintage glamour,and jungle adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? When I use terrain pain tools, like to pain flowers, rocks, sand or dirt, nothing happens and it really affects my creations. They have also disappeared from every lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the paint terrain tool to paint and show up on the grass Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest terrain tool/first person mode patch

Message 51 of 69 (18,064 Views)

★★ Guide
Okay, that’s fine. I thought you were saying that terrain paint wouldn’t be available with laptop mode on, like ever
Message 52 of 69 (18,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @shaytay1990

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 69 (18,042 Views)

Sound

★★★★ Novice

So far my game is running very well, even after the patch and Get Famous! The ONLY thing is I don't seem to have the sound when using terrain paint. No whooshing sound that I've come to love. Now I know plenty of folks don't have terrain paint at all so I'm lucky, just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Message 54 of 69 (18,041 Views)

Re: Sound

Hero
Hi @Lizzychicago

This is a known issue. I merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 69 (18,035 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I'm actually doing a clean re-install now, I do one periodically to clean out my CC and reset game files properly and since my sim, Jacob Broke, met his maker due to repeated lightning strikes, I figured now was as good a time as any. :eahigh_file:

Message 56 of 69 (18,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Well it brought back my terrain painting/manipulation guides. Let's see if any cc/mods break it!

Edit- nope have mcc and ui cheat installed and it's still there. No idea what the issue is/was unfortunately, a repair and new game didn't fix it, but a re-install (removing previous sims 4 folder and renaming it before reinstalling) did the trick. Hopefully they figure out what's doing it soon.

Message 57 of 69 (18,009 Views)

Re: Terrain Paint Disappearing

★★ Novice

My terrain has disappeared off all of my lots, and I can't repaint it at all. When I use the painting tool, nothing happens. This is after I updated the game following the Get Famous patch. 

Message 58 of 69 (17,871 Views)

Can not Train Paint with Get Famous

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but Bowling Stuff Luxury Party Stuff My First Pet Stuff Spooky Stuff and Romantic Garden I have all other Stuff Game and Expansion Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try and Train Paint
What happens when the bug occurs? The Paint will not apply or remove existing paint on any lot
What do you expect to see? Id like to see the train paint to go where i lick
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I cant train paint and I wanted to let you know in case im not the only one having this problem 

Message 59 of 69 (17,869 Views)

Re: Can not Train Paint with Get Famous

★★★★ Pro

Hello,

this is a known bug that it caused by playing with laptop mode on. Turn it off in the game options and see if it works.

Message 60 of 69 (17,851 Views)