Re: [TO ADD] Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

by mamfydavies

Original Post

Re: Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

★★★★ Pro

I think the gurus said that paintable sides (as well as a pond tool) may come as a future update.

Message 41 of 69 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I say they should just update sims3 graphics and delete sims 4 we would all be much happier lol
Message 42 of 69 (952 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have two mods, a skill one and a gender preference one, no other mods or CC, and turned off laptop mode and it works now!

If you are trying to paint the sides of large hills you can't, its not possible, and its not a error!

But the gurus said they was working to change that and also to give us water tools too, but they just wanted to get this out to us now, instead of making us wait until they did the other two things first!
Message 43 of 69 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The laptop mode solved it for me. Thank you 🤗

Message 44 of 69 (931 Views)

★★ Novice

It working no sound but i kann painting. Thanks

Message 45 of 69 (916 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
please help me with this problem
Message 46 of 69 (907 Views)

★★ Pro

I'd like to add a tip on this that might help others having this issue.

If laptop mode is stuck on. Meaning won't turn off. Move the Options.ini file from the Sms 4 folder to the desktop. - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Launch the game to help create a new one. You will need to reset all options again, but this will help reset laptop mode to off. Which is the default setting.

I came across this tip from Crinrict when she was trying to help someone else with the laptop mode stuck on issue.

Message 47 of 69 (888 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

“It should work if it's turned on but you might have performance issues if you do that.”

Seriously? You’re saying that we might have performance issues with terrain pain with laptop mode on, like indefinitely? I’ve always used terrain paint and it’s worked fine. My laptop can barely keep up with the game as it is, I absolutely cannot turn off laptop mode.

Message 48 of 69 (875 Views)

Hero
No, I'm saying this is a bug but for now you can turn it off if your computer can handle it.

if not, you all you can do is live with the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 69 (872 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on my laptop. I have sound while painting but no paint. how do I fix this?

Message 50 of 69 (863 Views)