Re: [TO ADD] Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

by LadyCheetara

Original Post

Re: Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jennifershepp wrote:
I don't see a laptop mode button under my graphics.
Hope the pic helps.

Laptop.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 69 (3,888 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I think this bug is also removing terrain paint from previously painted lots. I started a new game and built a new lot the day before the patch and I'm pretty sure I painted and now the paint is gone.

I'm going to search through my other saves and lots and see if there is issues there.
Message 32 of 69 (3,881 Views)

Hero
It should be still there. You just can't see it when in laptop mode.

Do you have laptop mode on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 69 (3,871 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Okay that makes since. I do have laptop mode on, however, I run the game on an aging laptop so I don't feel comfortable with running with out it so i'll have to deal with it for now until the issue is either fixed or I can afford to retire my laptop. Thanks for the help.
Message 34 of 69 (3,854 Views)

★★★★ Pro

There are no problems with sound, brush or paint for me in desktop mode.

Message 35 of 69 (3,847 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
can you paint all raised terrain as well alan because i can only paint the tops not the sides ? i'm wondering if that's just how it's meant to work for sims4 because in sims3 we could paint all raised terrain
Message 36 of 69 (3,834 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO ADD] Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

★★★★★ Apprentice
i've spent all day getting mine to work as well Faith so i sympathise with you.It's working now but i still can't paint all of the raised terrain,only the flat tops are paintable nothing happens on the sides.
Message 37 of 69 (3,833 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@LadyCheetara

If the hill on your lot is so high that the stone texture becomes visible on the sides, you cannot paint the sides. The gurus explained this in a livestream. They created however a different texture for each world.

Message 38 of 69 (3,817 Views)

★★ Pro

I wanted to add my experience.

I knew this was going to be a pretty big patch, so I decided to make a backup of some of the folders before patching, and reset my Sims 4 folder. I think because of that I didn't get hit with the terrain paint not working bug, as by default Laptop mode is turned off.

I made sure everything was working okay, and then copied back the Saves and Tray folder along with the Option.ini file. It's still working fine.

Message 39 of 69 (3,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for explaining that Alan.Im not impressed though i prefer how it worked in sims3 where we could paint all of it exactly how we wanted to.It worked fine and there was no need for them to change it for sims4.I don't understand this need that game developers have to change things that don't need to be touched. 

Message 40 of 69 (3,786 Views)