Re: Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

by jennifershepp

Original Post

Re: terrain paint not working since update

Hero
Meaning you are on a mac ? This is currently being investigated.

You can't really reinstall without the latest patch. Origin automatically installs the latest one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 69 (1,231 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Right guys i have finally got the terrain paint to work after about the 20th attempt at restarting it with laptop mode off but this bug needs fixing it's a pain to have to keep re-starting when all you want to do is play the game

Message 22 of 69 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I run my game on a Mac as well. My terrain paint isn't working. I can see the brush outline where it would go but nothing happens. 

Message 23 of 69 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do you turn laptop mode off? Will that mess my game up if I am playing from a laptop?
Message 24 of 69 (1,222 Views)

Hero
It's in your game options under graphics.

You might have performance issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 69 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't see a laptop mode button under my graphics.
Message 26 of 69 (1,207 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This is driving me nuts lol just found out that i still cant paint raised terrain it's only working on flat lots gggrrr Wishing i had bought a pc instead of hp pavillion laptop now.I think i'll give up and carry on using flat lots.I can always load sims3 to edit terrain if i need a fix
Message 27 of 69 (1,203 Views)

★★ Novice

I run a Macbook pro and I am also having the issue of the terrain paint not working at all since the patch yesterday. 

Message 28 of 69 (1,204 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

★★ Novice

I spent all day after the patch came out yesterday trying to figure out what could possibly be the issue. I thought that it was for sure one of my mods making terrain paint not come up. I followed what the guy posted and suddenly the terrain paint was working again. I fixed my settings because they were all reset obviously. That includes turning off laptop mode. I turned laptop mode back on because it helps my LAPTOP! run the game a smoother. Again I went back in and Oh! Look whats NOT WORK AGAIN! terrain paint. I'm only annoyed because I had to spend half of my day trying to figure what I was doing wrong and what mod was messing with the game, only to find out its the game itself. Wouldn't be so pissed if something so simple hadnt turned into such a hassel. Now why exactly do I need to turn off laptop mode to see something as simple as terrain paint? Is this actually a bug or is someone just an idiot?

Message 29 of 69 (1,192 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jennifershepp wrote:
I don't see a laptop mode button under my graphics.

It is not a Button but a Checkbox at the very bottom of the graphics settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 30 of 69 (1,189 Views)