Re: terrain paint not working since update

by LadyCheetara

Original Post

Re: Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

Hero

Hi @jeeperscat

do you mean the lessons ? They are under build mode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 69 (1,276 Views)

★★ Apprentice
No, the circle or square that shows the brush size on the ground so you know where it’s going to paint/manipulate.
Message 12 of 69 (1,270 Views)

Hero
Oh .. will add that to the summary.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 69 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

As of this morning 11/14 Just started up my game, terrain paint applies, but there is no sound.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to jump back on, since I noticed more people were having some issues.  I reset my game and I individually checked each save file.  I also deleted all previous backup versions of each save file and pretty much had to start with a clean save.  So far everything is working fine.  I have used it with laptop mode on and off and also went through to make sure my settings were aligned to the system I'm using. 

I don't know if that's the way to fix it, but I think old CC and Script mods that I uninstalled were still attached to the backup save files.  Just to be safe I wouldn't jump to this step right away.  And if you haven't had any CC or script mods I would suggest just going through one by one with various settings to make sure that it's not the whole game, but maybe a specific save file you might be using.

My sound was working along with the terrain paint, but I will update if anything changes.  Hopefully, this helps.

Message 14 of 69 (1,262 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My build save is a fresh game and there were no cc or mods installed when it was created. I'm not averse to starting again absolutely fresh though, I'm only on generation 2 of my current game. I'm not going to totally reset the game just yet, but if it's the only way to fix it then that's fine, at least I'm not playing my last but one game, I was up to 14 generations before I quit!

Message 15 of 69 (1,245 Views)

Hero

I don't think you have to quit your game.

I test this morning. Turn my game to laptop mode, had no terrain paint show up. With laptop mode it was fine.

There have been other reports of the whole thing being wonky.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 69 (1,239 Views)

terrain paint not working since update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys is anyone else having a problem with the terrain paint not working since the new update?Does anyone know how to fix it? I got all excited about finally getting terrain tools and immediately started playing with them and now i'm frustrated.11-14-18_1-27-22 PM.png

Message 17 of 69 (1,243 Views)

Hero

Hi @LadyCheetara

yes it's a known issue with laptop mode.

Merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 69 (1,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thankyou for letting me know but as i don't have a pc i'm stuck not being able to create anything and its frustrating.I think my only option is to backup my files and reinstall without the latest update.Such a shame because i have really missed the terrain tools and couldn't wait to play with them.They work perfectly on my laptop in sims3.Itried laptop mode on and off but no luck.

Message 19 of 69 (1,215 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I feel for you jeeper have tried everything except a complete re-install it makes no difference to my terrain paint's mine just don't work at all.The brush is showing and the guide but nothing changes on the terrain It's the same with laptop mode on or off.
Message 20 of 69 (1,197 Views)