Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Terrain Paint not Working After latest Game Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Current Expansion, Game and Stuff Packs as of November 2018
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going to terrain paint and trying to apply it to a flat or elevated surface
What happens when the bug occurs? Once I select the terrain paint the tool indicates it is working by the illuminated tool, but nothing applies to the actual terrain.
What do you expect to see? Terrain should apply to the appropriate surfaces
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch that updated the game to 1.47.49.1020

The Video attached shows the problem.

Message 1 of 69 (11,912 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrain paint disappeared AND not working after the November patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

Terrain Paints & Laptops:
While in laptop mode the terrain paints will now display. They were just being a little shy and hiding from sight. We’ve worked with them on their confidence and offered them a cookie. It was enough to get them out from under the table and back into your game. Finicky little things. But they’re good paints.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.51

I know some people had slightly different issues and I don't know if this fix applies to them (including sound).

If you still have issues, please create a new thread (if the sound bug isn't fix, make a new thread for that too)

It seems it's still not working for integrated chips. Use this thread to post if you have a integrated graphics chip: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Terrain-Paint-not-working-integrated-graphics-chips/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 65 of 69 (13,036 Views)

All Replies

Re: Terrain Paint Not Working After latest Game Patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

Current Status

• This is caused by Laptop Mode being turned on. It should work if it's turned off but you might have performance issues if you do that.
  • The sound seems to be missing for everyone
  • Outline for brush size is missing
  • Will be added to Compiled list on next round
  • The Laptop Mode issue was fixed in patch 1.47.51. It's possible that more issues are around. Please create one new thread per issue if you come across any
  • It's not fixed for integrated graphics chips: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Terrain-Paint-not-working-integrated-graphics-chips/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 69 (11,858 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you, I just needed to reset the game.
Message 3 of 69 (11,844 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
I have no mods loaded at all, only the base game and the official updates. I have never loaded any mods and still have this issue. It is a bug Maxis, fix it!
Message 4 of 69 (11,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seems this issue is related to laptop mode.

@r_chat08 and @ladydelina

Are you both having laptop mode on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 69 (11,674 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is a similar, but not the same issue. I definitely do not have laptop mode on, I have removed all mods/cc, cleared the cache and repaired, just incase. I can terrain paint fine, but there is no longer any sound when painting and I no longer have any guide to brush size whilst I'm painting. Not a huge issue since it's all still working, but painting in a driveway took me ages now I can't see where the paint will be applied.

Message 6 of 69 (11,602 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the report.

Yes, missing sound is also widely reported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 69 (11,599 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
followed all the steps in the troubleshooting, started a new game, no cc, no mods, repaired the game, still the terrain paint not working Frown
Message 8 of 69 (11,579 Views)

Hero

Did you turn off laptop mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 69 (11,577 Views)

★★ Apprentice
edit- I thought I had the guide for terrain manipulation last night, but I can't be sure (I've slept since then) but I don't have the guide for that either this morning. Again, on a fresh save, no mods/cc, cleared cache and repaired.
Message 10 of 69 (11,543 Views)