Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Terrain Paint does not transfer from Library/Gallery

Hero (Retired)

Fixed in the 11/15/16 patch. Standard smile

Message 21 of 29 (2,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

You have written that it was fixed 11/15/16, however, I have just had the same problem. The interesting thing is it mostly appears to occur in the 20x15 lots in Willow Creek, though it does happen elsewhere sometimes. I also use no CC and have recently re-installed the entire game with all current xpacs. 
Images: When I first built it: http://imgur.com/JcFSrHr and after I pasted it onto another lot: http://imgur.com/N6noUEJ

Message 22 of 29 (886 Views)

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 29 (872 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SteamDoll Just went into my game and tested on the various 20x15 lots in WC and was not able to duplicate the issue.  Would you please tell me which specific lot you used for your build and which lot(s) you subsequently placed it on?  How did you place the build - i.e. in build mode on the lot or from the map?  Have you shared your build on the Gallery?  If so, I'd appreciate a link to it (or its name).  I know you said you don't use CC, but how about mods?

Message 24 of 29 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@BryonyRae I first saw the missing terrain paint in Willow Creek, in the neighborhood at the east side. Now, any 20x15 lot produces the issue, for me.

The build is not uploaded to the Gallery, yet, because it isn't ready to be uploaded. I can upload a version of it, if you want, but it appears I only have the 30x20 versions left. I must have deleted all of the 20x15s when I was rebuilding on a bigger lot (I usually make 1 to 3 versions of one lot). The terrain shows up on the bigger ones. I can't save a new 20x15 because the terrain just isn't there when I place it from my library, through build mode.

Originally, I wanted to move the lot to test it for play-ability and discovered that the terrain disappeared when I placed the lot. This is the second issue I have had with this lot. The first issue occurred when all of my outdoor flora was rearranged on my property after it was placed; basically like it just exploded, and deleted some of it in random locations, when placed from the Library. That issue persists, but is inconsistent. 

As to how I placed it, I tried from build mode and from map-view, previously. Both were missing the terrain paint. 

I do not use any custom work, content, nor mods, for The Sims 4. I decided not to for this game to make sharing simpler. I got tired of the bickering of who owns what. I did a fresh install just prior to installing the new vampire xpac, the day of release, because I was unable to make new maps; the household creation button was gone and I was only able to duplicate the last map from the last save I played. The reinstall fixed that, though.

Thanks for helping!

Message 25 of 29 (858 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SteamDoll It definitely sounds like you've suffered some corruption with your game in the past.  One thing I suggest, even after you did a fresh install would be to also repair the game (via Origin).  I clear the cache and repair the game after every patch and it has really helped with odd issues.  The one you mentioned about stuff being shuffled around on a lot happened to me once too, before I repaired.  So try that and let me know if there is any improvement.

As for continuing to troubleshoot the terrain issue, yes, if you could please go to one of the 20x15 lots that you've built on in the past and put something quickly together - you could just add some terrain paint in various spots - don't worry about adding any structures.  Save it to your library and then try placing it on one of the trouble lots on your game.  If the terrain paint disappears, please share the build on the gallery (you can name it something like "Test Terrain Bug") and then let me know that it's there, as well as which lot you placed it on where the terrain paint disappeared.  I can then download it and place it in the same spot in my game.  This will let us know whether your game is actually deleting the terrain paint for the build universally or whether it is a bug that is local to your system.

Message 26 of 29 (842 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@BryonyRae 
The issues I described are all post-fresh-install, and just prior to the terrain disappearing. I just wanted to be specific, in case these are linked in some way.

Anyway, I did repair the game. I also uploaded a house Title "Test Bug Install." I got a little carried away and it's a bit fancy, but it has terrain paint. I cannot reproduce the disappearing terrain, with the test build, however, the terrain still disappears for the build I originally pictured, on Imgur, when I try to place it on a 20x15 from the saved, 30x20, lot. I tried downloading some 20x15 lots from the Gallery and none of those had the same issue. Perhaps my house is corrupted somehow for 20x15 lots, specifically. I finished the furnished version of the original problem-lot and I have uploaded it. It is in the 30x20 version and is called "Old Brookville." When I place the lot on the 20x15, and just omit the barn, the terrain is missing. 

Message 27 of 29 (834 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SteamDoll I downloaded Old Brookville, and I cannot even place it on a 20x15 lot in my game - I get an error that it is "Missing Entitlement."  I made sure to turn the cheat bb.ignoregameunlocksentitlement on, but I continue to get the error.  I've actually never seen that error before, so at this point, yes, I'd suspect that something got corrupted on that particular build.  It does place okay on 30x20 lots in my game though, so for most downloaders, it should be fine, as people are very unlikely to want to split it up on a smaller lot.  We may want to ping @SimGuruNickin case Maxis would like to take a look at the build to see what might've gone wrong.

However, as this is a one-off issue, I am going to update the thread that the bug (which originally affected all creations) is still closed.

Message 28 of 29 (826 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BryonyRae

We'll look into this.  Thank you Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 29 (810 Views)