Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Teens age up/get generated with crow's feet

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, discover university, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work; realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out; nifty knitting, tiny living; moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play for awhile with aging on, letting children (of played and unplayed households) age up into teens
What happens when the bug occurs? when children age up into teens, a disproportionate amount of them age up with the crow's feet skin detail.
What do you expect to see? sim teens don't age up with any other skin detail - even ones added on purpose to them when they were children! I would expect that my teens don't become wizened with age so quickly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the birthday patch, when the crow's feet skin detail was added.

this bug is distinct from general complaints about the game's outfit randomization because it's a skin detail - no other skin details work this way. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (10,704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Teens age up/get generated with crow's feet

Hero

Teens generated with the Play with Genetics options in Create a Sim will no longer have Crow’s feet.

Fixed in Patch 1.76.81/ 1.4.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (3,431 Views)

All Replies

All Newly Generated Teens Have Crow's Feet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the existing packs expect for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a game generate a teen townie / create a teenager using the genetics feature.
What happens when the bug occurs? Teens have the crow's feet created by Luumia.
What do you expect to see? Teens without crow's feet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the 21st anniversary update.

At first I thought it was a CC related bug, but then I called a friend of mine who plays completely vanilla, and she confirmed she had the same issue. After the call, I removed all the CC myself and the issue was still there - all the newly generated teenagers have the crow's feet introduced with the 21 anniversary patch.

I believe there's a flaw in the code, so the crow's feet are applied to teens instead of adults/elders. All the teens in my game now look way older, and it just breaks the immersion (although teenagers have always looked older because of their height, but now it's worse)1.png

Edit: Adjusted the picture.

Message 2 of 8 (10,617 Views)
Highlighted

Re: All Newly Generated Teens Have Crow's Feet

Hero
@ImKersha Merged your post. I'd say those two issues are close enough to keep one thread.

Adjusted title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (10,595 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save with me: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (10,460 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Teens age up/get generated with crow's feet

★★★★ Novice

Is there any mod to fix this issue? It's getting annoying how every sim in my town has these crow's feet.

Message 5 of 8 (10,321 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick It happens with every savefile I create, not specific ones, but the savefile I sent to you recently for the twins glitch also had this issue.
Message 6 of 8 (10,290 Views)

★★ Guide

I have noticed that if the parents have any skin detail their child will have crow’s feet when becoming a teen. Same thing happens if you add any skin detail to a toddler/child —> boom crow’s feet when that child ages up to teen.

Message 7 of 8 (10,264 Views)

Hero

Teens generated with the Play with Genetics options in Create a Sim will no longer have Crow’s feet.

Fixed in Patch 1.76.81/ 1.4.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (3,432 Views)