Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Teen to YA aging doesn't always give option to add third trait

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have teen age to YA. Option to add third trait may not appear but I don't know why it sometimes works okay and fails at other times. Can't give steps to replicate. The PH reward traits do seem to be applying correctly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Get pop up that shows teen aged up but not normal screen where PH traits are added and a third trait can be selected for the new YA.
What do you expect to see? Option to select third trait appearing on every teen to YA age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've already added a pic to the old thread.  This thread created per Crinrict's request so the threads can be merged.

Update to info I already provided in old thread is that I had Billie Jang age up to YA and it worked successfully.  The only differences I can point out that differed from the Callie Suggs age up where the option to add a third trait didn't appear are 1)  The Suggs family is a game generated family that I decided to play, whereas the Jang family is pre-made.  2) I didn't have a birthday party for Callie Suggs although I did have her make a wish with the cake to trigger aging.  I did have a birthday party for Billie Jang.

Message 35 of 51 (9,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Sim grows into young adult but never gained new traits

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a bit older now so it's now been locked.

@koba_sue If this issue has popped up for you again, would you please create a new bug report for us here

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (2,803 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [PH] Sim grows into young adult but never gained new traits

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello. My sims that I've spent literal weeks raising from a baby into a young adult just aged up.. and none of his trait sparked. I have the parent game play and raised his stats to have responsibility, manners, and empathy.. and now all that hard work is gone. Please fix this.

Message 1 of 51 (9,653 Views)

Re: Sim grows into young adult but never gained new traits

★★★★★ Guide

My vampire-alien hybrid had the same problem, but I thought it was because of overall hybrids' buggy state.

I would be really mad if this bug happened to my sim that I carefully played with from its first steps. It's so time-consuming and you get nothing in reward??

Message 2 of 51 (9,645 Views)

Hero

Hi @spirt119

is this happening on a vanilla game for you or are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 51 (9,643 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

In my case, I tried cleaning my game of mods and scripts and cash files but nothing helped. Then again, that was a hybrid - a sim that should not exist at all :D

Message 4 of 51 (9,628 Views)

Hero

@rostsit

yes, but you're using hybrids.

I'd rather concentrate on reports on regular Sims

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 51 (9,617 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same experience in vanilla game. My sim was a normal sim but her mother was a vampire. In my case, no Alien blood involved. She didn't get the third trait and reward traits of Character Values which she was supposed to have Good Manners, Responsible and Emotional Control. When the teen sim became YA, I didn't get any jingles, notifications or trait selection screens. She just entered the next life stage in silence without those traits. I just noticed that later on her Simology panel.

Message 6 of 51 (9,603 Views)

Hero

Hi @3ukkie

do you happen to have a save from before the Sim grew up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 51 (9,592 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, @crinrict 

Unfortunately, no, I don't have the save file. The sim is still alive in my world but I noticed her growth after I’d saved the game several times.

Message 8 of 51 (9,581 Views)

Hero

Ok.

Thank you. I'll do some testing if I can replicate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 51 (9,577 Views)