Can't change teenage hair colour after parents died

by saraswati05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Teen Sim living alone can't edit clothing

[ Edited ]
Hero

I was playing today when I noticed that I had a teen living alone in a house. The mom had did off and there was no other adult around.

It does seem to be no problem for the Sim to lve alone, I played a bit with her a bit and did not run into any issues so I though, ok, we can have teens living alone now, nice.

Then I decided to give her a makeover and took her to CAS.That also worked well until I wanted to return to town which I could not do since there was no adult present ...

I was able to cancel but I can't change her outfit.

Not sure what's supposed to happen if an adult dies off but I don't think that is it

--------

No mods/cc

Download Version

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 28 (3,950 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Teen Sim living alone can't edit clothing

Hero

• You can now edit Teens in Create A Sim if they are the only member/s of a household.

Crin is pleased by this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (1,914 Views)

All Replies

Re: Teen Sim living alone can't edit clothing

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (3,931 Views)

Can't change teenage hair colour after parents died

★★ Novice

Hi Folks

I had the weirdest issue in-game yesterday. I had a household where both parents died, and there was one teenager and one child about to age up to a teenager. Anyway, when I aged her up, her hair was grey. So I took her into CAS to try to fix it, except I get the error "Household must contain at least one adult" except we're not creating the family, we're just fixing someone's hair colour.

I can post a screenshot if someone can tell me where screenshots can be posted in here.

Kathleen

Message 3 of 28 (3,926 Views)

Re: Can't change teenage hair colour after parents died

Hero

@saraswati05 She is still a teen, right ?

I've merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (3,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, yep she's still a teen and her hair colour is still grey. I haven't played that house since I was unable to change the hair colour. edit: and thank you for Merging, I haven't used this forum before so I wasn't sure where to post this issue. Did you want me to post a screenshot or anything? If so, how do you share an image in here?

Message 5 of 28 (3,908 Views)

Hero

No, it's fine. I had it myself. It's very reproducible (mine were not grey but I couldn't change her)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (3,902 Views)

Can't change clothes

★★ Novice

I have a family from two teens, and when I tried to change their clothes I receive a message about required adults. But I haven't adults, they died. Is there some cheat to edit character clothes without this check?

Message 7 of 28 (3,938 Views)

Re: Can't change clothes

Community Manager (retired)
As far as I know, you can enter "testingcheats true" in the console (control+shift+c).

Then enter "cas.fulleditmode" and you should be able to edit your Sim regardless of normally being unable to. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 8 of 28 (3,930 Views)

Hero

I don't think it's possibile if you have no adult. 

I'm usure if you should even be able to live on your own as a teen or if that is a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (3,923 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
To be fair I haven't found myself in this situation, the only time I have been without an adult was because he ended up grilling himself on the stove. Frown
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 10 of 28 (3,917 Views)